Drip Irrigation – The Most Economic And Effective Way To Water Your Plants.

Discussion in Water started by luckycharm • Nov 18, 2016.

1. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I have a vegetable garden in the backyard and also fruits/vegetable plants are grown in containers at the terrace. It was really a headache to water them regularly, especially plants in containers which needs regular watering. Then I came to know of something called drip irrigation and purchased its materials from a nearby agricultural shop. It was quite easy to assemble and use it. The best part is that it saves a lot of water and as water reaches exactly in the root area of the plant it is very effective too.

Whenever I am away from home my parents can easily water the terrace plants just by opening the tap at ground level in which the drip irrigation hose is connected. We can also give liquid fertilizers through this system.

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Spot on! We too use drip irrigation for our terrace plants. Its easier to use and cheaper moreover it is readily available too.

We also bought some pipes from local shop and made beautiful pot stands from a DIY youtube. It saves a lot!

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that drip irrigation is the most efficient in terms of water consumption because the water drops directly to the root area of the plants and it seems that no water is wasted. However, it is difficult to make a drip irrigation system since I have tried already. There are experts in the field but they charge high and that makes it not cost effective anymore. If I would have the luxury of time after the Christmas season maybe I can try to make a drip irrigation hose again.

4. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard about drip irrigation, however, I have never used it. In fact I have not even seen how this technique is used. Since we have tube well installed in our house, we have plenty of water supply and we don't have to spend money on watering technique.

5. ADSSOLSN

ADSSOLSNMember

Threads:
    you should see it @Binu@Binu, it's really effective. especially when combined with the greenhouse sheds; you are able to grow plants even in the driest of all seasons.

6. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, drip irrigation is definitely an effective and economical means for. It may allow for up to fifty percent saving on water usage cost. With a timer included, it ensures that the plants are watered at a more efficient rate and reduces the demand for human intervention and the system is adaptable to any type of planting situation. Drip Irrigation is deemed to be ecologically friendly, it provide for a higher success rate, produces healthier plants, and saves time and money

7. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Awesome awesome. We too have drip irrigation in our agricultural land which we have installed it recently. My father and mother used to get water from well for the plants to water them but now the work has been greatly reduced for them, At times we too mix some liquid fertilizers. Good luck :)