Drive-in movie theaters...yay or nay?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Sweetkymom • Oct 7, 2014.

1. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    It's one of those things that are fun to do maybe once or twice, but I'd rather just go to a movie theater. The last time I went, the weather turned kind of bad half-way through the movie and the sound system wasn't all that great either. And I also didn't really enjoy sitting in my car for a few hours. Definitely something everyone should try once though, just to say they've gone to one.

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My family used to go to drive-in theaters all the time when I was a kid. They were so much fun. We would go in our bed clothes and load up with snacks and drinks. It was always a double feature and a cartoon before the main movie started. Sometimes we had to hunt to find a working speaker, but that was fun too.

I think there are only a handful of drive-in theaters in Los Angeles county. I think a revival would be cool. There's definitely a market for it because many parks screen movies after dark in the summertime.

3. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard of this yet. This is first time, and I think the idea is really great, that I wonder what have caused the dwindling of its industry. I wish that its industry goes back again like it was before, so the generation now like mine would be able to experience this.