Drive or Fly?

Discussion in Travel started by AutumnFaith2012 • Sep 15, 2012.

1. pilot2fly

pilot2flyMember

Threads:
    It depends on how far you want to go. If I'm going 200-300 miles, I'll drive. Anything over that, and I'll fly. If you go across the United States, it's much cheaper to fly.

2. jessamom

jessamomNew Member

Threads:
    It depends on the distance. A 5-6 hour drive is easy and not worth paying the flight fees. We are currently debating on a 20 hour drive to FL or flying. It costs about 50% more for us to fly, but if we drive we also need to put new tires on the van. Not to mention endure traveling with two little boys! I think we will end up flying and renting a vehicle while we're down there, even though it costs more. Peace of mind and coming home less stressed are worth it to me!

3. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a choice,because of my back. Could bot survive driving a long distance, so it would be flying.

4. kate23

kate23Active Member

Threads:
    I've never flown before but would definitely like to. I think that if I'm traveling in the US, I'd drive because I love road trips (then again, I don't know how to drive yet so someone else would have to be the driver). If I'm traveling to another country I'd fly there in most cases. Cost and time is another factor, if it's a very long drive it may just be cheaper to fly and flying would also save on time.

5. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    I prefer to fly than drive. I think that flying is much faster and it is safer rather than driving. Although, driving is a great for sightseeing while traveling and it is cheaper. But, I think I will stick with flying for now.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If it is more than 4 hours I would prefer to fly, if cost is not the issue. The Befrugal.com site to calculate the cost of ways to travel is very helpful.

Driving allows you see the sights and look at the amazing history that has gone before us. I am in the states, when I see certain places, I have to think about the past and wonder how people survived back in the day.

7. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    It all depends really. I love flying but I do it rarely....and as fun as it is, it still doesn't beat a good road trip =).

8. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    I prefer flying, it saves time and hassle and its not very tiring than driving. I dont want to waste my time in the road if I can spend more time to explore my destination.

9. vk kapoor

vk kapoorMember

Threads:
    Driving might be greener than flying doesn’t mean it always makes the most sense. With current high gas prices, it would cost far more in fuel to drive clear across the United States in a car than to fly nonstop coast-to-coast. And that’s not even factoring in the time spent on restaurants and hotels along the way.

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I'm not really keen on flying, but I will do it. I will drive for short or day trips, trips within my state, but that's it. I don't even want to fly from Southern to Northern California. It's a 5 1/2 hour drive, but only a 55 minutes flight.

11. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I rather drive simply because i don't like flying i have never flew and probably never will

12. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    If I had a lot of money, I'd just stick to flying. I like getting to my destination in a shorter amount of time, so I have more time at my destination. Maybe on the way back home I'll drive the scenic route, but I like flying (when entertainment is provided and there are no irritating children on board).

13. Small girl

Small girlNew Member

Threads:
    It is not a fair question, I love to drive. I'm sure I would love to fly if I actually flew the plane, but since I don't, I don't love to fly. In short I'm up for a road trip anytime and usually any where.

14. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I am 23 years old and have never flown before. I think I wold love too and I will one day. My family has always been the one to take time and drive everywhere they wanted and needed to go. I never been a train or anything. It seems like I would like the most cost efficient method of traveling, but if it was me by myself going somewhere, I would rather fly than drive. I guess each travel arrangement is based on the situation.