Drugstore Makeup

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by chiofthenorns • Sep 6, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I love going through the beauty section of a mall because of the many makeup brands that they have. Sometimes though, I notice that malls have different sections for high-class makeup brands (MAC, Lancome, Shu Uemura) and drug-store ones or the cheaper ones. Personally, I prefer looking at and buying drugstore make up because even though they are very cheap, the quality is still very good. Here in the Philippines, I love the brand Nichido. Their products last long and they even have dupes of the expensive ones.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I noticed that too, but it's not really surprising because people mostly go to the drugstore to buy medicine or toiletries, so the finicky ones looking for high-end make up won't target the store anyway, so they stock up on the cheaper brands.

3. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I would also recommend buying drugstore makeup especially the ones that we use often like the eyeliners, cream blush, face powder, and lipgloss. It is more economical buying everyday cosmetics from the drugstore. Even supermodels and celebrities do that, too. I buy most of my cosmetics from Watson's which is generally a drugstore. It's funny to see that Watsons has more beauty products than medicines. I am from the Philippines, too.

4. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I work for a women's magazine, and recently did a feature based on the differences between make-up that is a designer brand and the stuff that you can buy from any supermarket or drugstore. The results were astonishing; considering the price difference, there is little difference in the product effectiveness across the price ranges, and in some cases it is found that the cheaper products are actually a lot more desirable. It was shocking to read, because I have been spending a lot of money on certain items over the years, and now that I have written this I will be trying out the cheaper things in the hope that they are going to be able to do something positive to help me.