Dry Skin

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Achraf • Sep 1, 2017.

1. Achraf

AchrafMember

Threads:
    my self i got a dry skin and hair now im just using the coconut oil conditioner spray and a argan oil cream for my body and it works perfectly just letting you know everyone by experience i used it and i seen the changes.

2. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I also have a dry skin. I use a combination of things for this. I use Nivea cream for very dry skin and I also use coconut oil and Shea butter for evening use. Oil based mosturising soap works better for me than normal soap. I have found out normal soap does more harm than good to my dry skin. It dries out my skin very quickly.

It also helps to drink lots of liquid especially on hot days. If you can, have a handy moisturizer to use during the day.

3. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing these tips. My skin isn't dry so I'll probably not use them right now, but when it does get dry I will. I actually have oily skin so I need to make it less oily.

4. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I keep meaning to buy coconut oil because so many people recommend it. I have a very dry skin. I put baby oil in my bath and use anything I get can get my hands on to moisturise my skin but it doesn't last very long before it feels dry again.

I was reading an article that says that moisturising your skin can make it too dependent on creams and lotions which I was quite surprised about. Here's the link:

5. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well it is that time of year when I am gearing up for it. I have always gotten really dry skin as the winter starts to approach, but I am pretty sure I am loaded up with the lotions and all of that, so it should be manageable.

6. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I had this problem as well in the past and I resolved it with coconut oil, but the principal cause of the dry skin was the insufficient drinking water. If you want your skin not to be dry anymore you should drink at least 2 liters of water a day.
    You will see how your skin will shine and you will look much better.

7. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    Before If I would have dry hair and skin, I would use lotion for my skin and conditioner for my hair. Now I am using petroleum jelly for both my hair and skin. It works great.

8. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Someone mentioned drinking 2 liters of water per day. Maybe try this as well. Although you need to factor in frequent visits to the loo. Water definitely helps cleanse the skin and keep it mosturised. But moreso, I found that external care like oily mosturising cream and coconot oil has done wonders for my skin.

9. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    @tallulah@tallulah Yes I really should drink more water but the reason I don't is because I find I keep wanting to run to the toilet and this has got worse with age! It's so inconvenient when I am in the middle of a shopping trip and there are no toilets.:(

10. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Regular intake of water does help and so do some supplements such as those based on aloe vera. There are creams as well that could be applied specially on the face.