Dryer Sheets clear out rodents and bugs, fast

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Hari Seldon • Sep 17, 2013.

1. Hari Seldon

Hari SeldonNew Member

Threads:
    OK I would not have believed it if I didn't try it myself. We have had rodent and bug troubles in our small barn in the backyard, and nothing I have done had seemed to work. Then my mom suggested putting a couple of dryer sheets in there.

Wouldn't you know, after a day or so, they are all gone. I can confirm too because there are no longer any mouse droppings or nests after I cleaned it last.

Just wanted to pass this on because you can save some money by not buying harmful chemicals to get rid of pests. Just throw a couple dryer sheets in there and yo are good to go! :p

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, really? Cool that your mom knew that little trick! I've known a few other little things you can do with dryer sheets but that one's new to me.

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of doing anything like this to get rid of bugs or mice, but we live in the country, and in an older trailer, so bugs are always getting in, and I hate using the strong pesticides to get rid of them. When I spray it, I can barely breathe, and have to open doors and take myself and the dogs outside until it wears off a bit.
    I will definitely try some of this and see if it will help. I have been hearing a mouse lately, and since fall is coming, that is when they seem to come around.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are definitely chemicals on dryer sheets and the fact that bugs of all things are that bothered by them, is a good indication that we probably shouldn't be using them on our belongings lol. Cool tip though. People also use them on taps and other metals to prevent rusting and water stains. But chemical free, they are not.

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of dryer sheets getting rid of bugs and mice before but it does make sense. They do have a potent aroma to them and those small critters have sensitive noses. I am hoping that it will work on those really big spiders that we are starting to see inside our house now that the nights are getting much colder. We usually have to spray some Home Defense around the outside of the doorways. It would be a nice (and also a lot cheaper) to use the dryer sheets.

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

Wow that is crazy I would of never thought something as simple as dryer sheets could get rid of pest. I wonder if it would work for spiders? I don't have any rats or anything just spiders in my garage I have tried everything but nothing seems to work these spiders keep getting in.

7. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, that is probably one of the best kept secrets. They hate the smell. I find it so much easier for them to walk up, smell and then go the other way than it would be for me to have to trap them. I try to change them out on a monthly basis for just my own piece of mind.

8. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    I have done this with (I think) good results. I have never really had an issue with rodents or bugs, but maybe that is because this is working ;)

9. cinderr

cinderrMember

Threads:
    This is a Godsend to me! I can't tolerate bugs and my family cannot tolerate bug spray! I can sneak the dryer sheets in without their ever knowing! I'm headed out to buy some right now! (I don't normally use them).

10. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    That is a great suggestion, but it does make you wonder what is in them. Are the bugs and mice smarter than us. I will try this in my sheds and patio cabinets and hope it will keep the spiders (and webs) down. Thanks!

11. cinderr

cinderrMember

Threads:
    So, only two days into my experiment with the dryer sheets. Last night I saw a spider by the box--seriously? I was happy to murder him because crawly things make me crawl! So, I have dryer sheets everywhere---hope to heck it works for me.My main concern are silverfish, never sAW SO MANY SILVERFISH IN MY LIFE! I am not shouting altho I am passionate about eliminating bugs in my abode!

12. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    That is a cool and neat trick. I wonder why the bugs suddenly disappeared. If you could tell the mystery behind the disappearance you would be golden. None the less though, that is an awesome trick and I would love to find out more.

13. bonniea

bonnieaMember

Threads:
    What a great tip. I have never heard of that. I have to agree that it makes me wonder if we should be using them on our clothes. I'll have to check different brands and see what chemicals they have in them. I like to use the dryer balls in my clothes. It does not take out all of the static cling, but most of it. And the balls are chemical free. With the fall coming we always have pests trying to invade our home, so this is a great tip I will definitely be using.

14. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    Wow! Thank you for this tip. I have never heard of doing something like this to get rid of bugs and rodents before. I will definitely try this one. Thanks for sharing this.

15. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How do the dryer sheets eradicate the bugs? This is really cool because we have a similar problem in our utility room, the bugs come in from the back garden and it has become a real nuisance. Pest control is really expensive nowadays and I don't like using harsh chemicals in my household so this is very promising. I'll have to try it.

16. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    OK. I am going to try out this dryer sheet trick with my apartment. On the south wing there are all of these disgusting beetles with bottoms to them that resemble cockroaches. They come in through the window frame (don't ask me how) and end up falling down onto the floor. There are also several centipedes, flies and ants that come in from that wing of the apartment. i am going to place dryer sheets all around that window. Thanks for the tip. I'll try to remember to come back here to report the results.

17. MizzDeeDee

MizzDeeDeeMember

Threads:
    Wow. How cool is this? I like putting the dryer sheets out because it makes my house smell pretty, but now I have another reason. I'm going to try this and see how it works out. Thank you for this information. Very useful!

18. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    It worked somewhat. I put the dryer sheets around the window sill and on the floor where the bugs crawl through the cracks between the floor and the wall. I saw a lot less of them after I put the dryer sheets there. I didn't expect it to work so well but it did! Thanks.