Duct tape fashion

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by ChanellG • Mar 8, 2013.

1. JenVarsity

JenVarsityMember

Threads:
    I would not use duct tape unless it was an emergency and even then I would be hiding it on the inside of my outfit. Nothing screams ugly to me more than a person who things they are cool to use duct tape on their outfit.

I could see for a special scool day or something, but not as an every day accessory.

2. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Are you speaking of the original silver duct tape? Or does it matter at all? Have you seen all the different colors and printed patterns there are available now in duct tape options?

3. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I think the dresses are very creative, but for my big behind I would need a lot of duct tape..lol, however, it seems like it would be very uncomfortable. I have to say I love a person who can be creative. I wish I had the genes to create some of these things I see. I have to say if I did get a dress I would prefer the colorful duct tape instead of the silver. The silver is so blah.

4. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!

OMG, you are so funny! I think the comfort would depend on the construction of the dress. If someone just took long strips of duct tape and adhered them to other strips of duct tape, the finished garment probably wouldn't have much movement. But since we are talking about tape, you have to have some kind of foundation like muslin, which is quite comfortable.

Are you able to sew? Or at least follow directions? Because if you are you could make a dress, which is all it takes to be able to create a colorful duct tape fashion creation.