Dumbbell Recommendations?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Navii • Jul 17, 2014.

1. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    I'm planning on buying some dumbbells to make my workout a bit harder but I'm not quite sure where I should buy them. Do you have any recommendations? It would be great if shipping to Europe were available and I prefer payment via Paypal but I also have a bank account if PayPal is not available. I already saw some on Amazon but I'm not sure if I can get them cheaper somewhere else and I don't really know much about the quality of them, are there noticeable differences or should I just get the cheapest ones?

2. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    Wherever you end up buying them, buy adjustable ones. That way you'll be able to use the same ones as you evolve.
    You also need different outputs for different muscles...

Ordering this stuff online is tricky though... The shipping will be expensive and might not pay off.

3. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tip with the adjustable ones, I didn't know about that. Do you think it would be better to buy them in a local store? I'm not sure which stores have them in my area, but I guess I'll have to look around. I think Amazon has free shipping above 20€ so maybe I should order it there? I don't know about the quality about the ones from Amazon though.

4. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    If you can get free shipping in Amazon... Why not? It's just that with shipping, you're going to ramp up the bill A LOT when your package weighs in at 50 kg :p
    You can find big reputable brands on Amazon...

I don't know how much you're looking to spend, and how much weight you're looking to lift... But these look sweet:

5. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    These look pretty good! I was looking to spend about 50€ so this is still in my price range. I think I'm gonna pick these up, because you look like you know some stuff about it and I actually also think they look like a good deal. I also really like that it comes in a case so I can organize them better and don't have them laying around somewhere. Thanks for helping me out here Colebra!

6. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    No problem dude! That's my good deed for the day :D I feel good about it...

Hope you get some sweet muscles going for you! Remember to be consistent with your training, and study the postures so you don't mess your back up or something...

7. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Have you tried eBay? I know this can be convoluted because many eBay sellers don't always offer international shipping to certain countries and prefer to only ship domestically. I think you should stick with Amazon because of the fact there are many 3rd party sellers on this platform to choose from. You should also do a search on Google to find online retail alternatives for getting dumbbells. You'll be surprise at the various offers that could appear from this search.

8. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    I already ordered them from Amazon now. But I'll take your advice to heart and try it out next time I'm gonna order something. I've actually already looked on Ebay but with the added shipping costs, most offers were extremely expensive and some others didn't ship to Austria. I'm gonna look for some online retailers when I want to buy something the next time, maybe they are even cheaper than Amazon.