DVD or Bluray

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by xcmiller93x • May 14, 2012.

1. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    Do you have a DVD player, a BluRay player, or both?

Which do you prefer?

2. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I have a DVD player only but I wish I could play and buy Blurays more often. Image quality is so neat!

3. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I prefer the DVD player as I won't need to purchase those expensive Blu Ray discs. As long as I get to see the movie with quality I don't think I should pay more. Although I understand that those Blu Ray films are really incredible, I just find it unreasonable to pay more.

4. car1323

car1323New Member

Threads:
    I have both, and I would prefer watching bluray disks because the quality is simply superb.

5. ljepilo

ljepiloActive Member

Threads:
    I would say DVD player definitely, I have one in my house and it serves me for quite a while now. Blurays are expensive for me.

6. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I have a bluray player in my PS3, but we've honestly never even rented or purchased a bluray to try it and see the difference. I keep saying that I'm going to but never manage to do so.

I have, however, been toying with the idea of adding the bluray package to my Netflix monthly plan so we'll see.

7. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I can play Blu-rays on my PS3, but I still prefer DVDs. I don't really like using my PS3 for anything else other than gaming. And besides, blu-ray movies are a bit expensive compared to the DVDs.

8. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    I see the appeal of Blu-Rays but the price is a put off. My husband is all about the Blu-rays though.

9. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    We have a BluRay player because pretty much all the video stores in our area have BluRay discs :( so we don't really have a choice. I would never buy BluRay, so we're fine with renting, for now.

10. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer the good old DVDs.

If you have a good sized HDTV and you want a clearer picture then go with Blu-ray. The resolution is amazing on some movies and the Blu-ray aspect ratios will fill your TV while the DVD version will be smaller. But some people just don't care about that sort of thing.

DVDs are still the king of the hill, but the Blu-ray market is increasing. Who knows if DVD will ever be obsolete, but if Blu-ray continues to grow the chances increase. Besides, you can still play DVDs in Blu-ray players.

11. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer DVD's because Blu-rays can be so expensive. Also, I like to watch movie on my laptop and it does not play Blu-ray.

12. izzypopa

izzypopaNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer DVD mainly because i find it hard to tell the difference between the two, i mean if i had a fantastic expensive TV then maybe i would notice a difference, but really i am happy to watch a good DVD on my TV, doesn't bother me too much at all :)

13. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    I've never seen a Blueray, I've got only a DVD. What's actually a difference between them?

14. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I'll take DVD because it's much cheaper than this blu-ray stuff all the kids are talking about. $45 for a movie? Why would I waste that much money when I get a DVD for $15? Bah!

15. Imoverthere

ImoverthereMember

Threads:
    I don't need to have that little extra high definition that Blu Ray offers, especially at the prices they serve, mostly because a DVD is just fine with what I want. If I wanted to spend the money on something like Blu Ray stuff, I'd rather go buy a video game.

16. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I have both and I prefer DVD because I cannot tell the difference between the two so why pay out all that extra money I can be spending on lots and lots of video games?

17. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    I have a DVD player and a PS3 that doubles as a bluray player. I will use the PS3 predominantly to watch movies as I love the way blueray movies look on my HD TV, but I also have an extensive collection of DVDs and watch them on my DVD player whenever the mood strikes. So, basically, I use the bluray for new movies and DVDs for the classics.

18. Svoboda

SvobodaNew Member

Threads:
    I own both, but they rarely get used. We're coming to an end point on physical media and most will be delivered over the Internet in the coming years. Services like Netflix, Hulu and the like will rule the roost.

19. neovlad

neovladMember

Threads:
    I would definitely say Blu ray if you have a good size HDTV then BlueRay is the way to go the quality of blue ray movies is just so amazing it is so crisp and clean like you are seeing the movie in real life. If this was 2008 I would have said DVD but this is a new decade a better one with BlueRay so why use the old stuff.

20. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I have my PS3 so I can play them all; there is no point in me having another DVD/Blu Ray player when the PS3 can handle it.