DVD or Bluray

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by xcmiller93x • May 14, 2012.

1. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I'd say the quality of blue ray is better than DvD. Although, I don't mind either as long as the movie or whatever is good.:)

2. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    The quality of Blu-Ray is way better, but I have still yet to upgrade. They finally make blu ray players that play regular DVD's so I will probably upgrade soon.

3. dreyz

dreyzMember

Threads:
    Blu-ray. Once you watch it, you will never go back to DVD ever again. The quality really just blew me away.

4. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    I would prefer Blu-ray. Because it shows clearer quality movies compared to DVD movie.

5. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't think there would be a difference, and didn't think blur ray would be worth the additional cost. We got one last Christmas so the cost wasn't an issue. I have to say the picture is a bit better and the blue ray movies have more features. If your in the market I'd get blue ray but wouldn't throw out a perfectly good DVD player just to get a blue ray.

6. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I have both. The Bluray player I just bought last month and it is really great. Playing Bluray copy movies are just different when it comes to quality. They are very clear and add to that when you have a wide Plasma TV monitor. Entertainment is really entertaining. :D

7. Daz

DazNew Member

Threads:
    I've honestly never tried bluray, so I guess I don't know what I'm missing, but maybe thats the best way!

I wouldn't want to have to replace my collection of films (I have a few hundred) if I found out that Bluray was far superior and I'm happy enough with the quality of normal DVD's, I guess if you have a huge TV screen and home cinema system then the benefits may be worth it!

Is it just essentially the difference between normal TV and HD?

8. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer blue-ray, but because of the expense and the fact that we have a ton of DVD's, I do not intend on having a big collection of blue-ray discs. Right now my small collection includes movies I already have on DVD, but want a better picture on because they are my favorite movies, and I have a 46 inch big screen TV. Movies like the original Star Wars trilogy, Superman I & II, Animal House, Caddyshack, even the Sean Penn Bad Boys movie.

9. Zaturo

ZaturoMember

Threads:
    I prefer something like the KM Player because of all the tools I can mess with. I enjoy watching movies in 1080p and this player works best in my opinion.

10. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have an old DVD player that probably doesn't work anymore, and a PS3.. but honestly, it was months since I've used either. Digital distribution is just so much more convenient.. :)