Dwolla?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by themotleyshopper • Apr 13, 2013.

1. themotleyshopper

themotleyshopperMember

Threads:
    I applied for a job yesterday and it pays via Dwolla. I'd never heard of Dwolla and it makes me a little nervous. It's an online payment service that has: No percentages. No hidden fees. Just 25¢ per transaction or free for transactions $10 or less. They transfer money to your bank account, and you in turn can send money via email, Twitter, Facebook. I'm still a little leery on how it all works. Has anyone heard of Dwolla? Is it legit? I'd love your thoughts, I need to put my mind at ease, LOL.

2. srinivas0812

srinivas0812Member

Threads:
    I checked the website and it resembles WePay.com. For me, it seems to be legit processor with Google PageRank 5 and a verified SSL certificate. I never heard of Dwolla before seeing this thread and honestly, I never thought Dwolla is a payment processor until I finished reading your post. :D

3. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    I downloaded it once out of curiosity. An app on my phone kept advertising for it, so I wanted to see what it was. I've never personally used it, but it seems to be decent! Everything I looked into for it checked out completely. I'm just not a fan of what they charge per transaction. For how I use these services, Paypal fits me better.

4. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Have you tried doing research on it. See what others are saying about the service. I personally have never actually heard of Dwolla but I know that there are several online payment services that I'm not familiar with. Try doing some research to see what is being said maybe read some reviews. This could be a legit company it might just be so brand new that it hasn't built its reputation yet.

5. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    A group of friends who were working hard on a startup called

, which is about recapturing the personalized experience of a corner store that sells records and books, uses

as their main method of payment. They're using it to pay their sellers because it's easy to use. It functions as an online payment system. If you compare it with other payment methods, it's a fairly user-friendly payment system.