Dyeing Your Hair

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Corzhens • Jul 3, 2016.

1. whysewserious

whysewseriousMember

Threads:
    I am sitting here right now with a head full of hair dye! I do hate how frequently the treatment needs to be done. It does save an incredible amount of money but it's a pain. I don't remember having to do it this frequently when I went brunette!

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:

I wonder why that is, @whysewserious?! It's just strange, and when I think how much I spent having my very expensive hairstylist correct a botched Henna dye job, it's certainly not good value for money LOL I keep wondering how long before it all disappears and I'm back to my natural hair colour! -and yes, I too have noticed that my hair seems a lot dryer and is shedding more. Then again, I can't really blame it solely on the dye job as mine had to be bleached first before applying the burgundy :( Plus with my hair type being African, it's a lot more fragile.

3. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I have a considerable amount of grey amount of grey hair on my head but I am not considering dyeing my hair at anytime in my life. I prefer to shave my hair as low as possible and have it neatly lined. I have seen many men dye their hair and the color sometimes change and begins to look unsightly.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only dye my hair at home, always! Dyeing in the hair dresser is quite expensive, so I always get my dye directly at the drugstore and dye at home, by myself. As it’s only the roots and the same color as my hair, it’s pretty easy to do it alone. If I wanted to go blonde, red haired or something sompletely out of my natural color I would go to a hair stylist. But can’t afford that now... I only went to a hair stylist for my Ombre, but that was a one time thing and now I only color my roots.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've always dyed my own hair and nobody could tell the difference. In fact, my hair was one of the things that always stood out to people for some reason.. pretty much everyone I ever met commented and complimented. Very flattering. Whether a nutty colour or something subtle, I changed it often. Now I leave it be with the exception of highlights now and then. I can't wait to get my first grey hair. I'm going to name it and wait anxiously for the rest lol. I think grey and silver hair are absolutely stunning.

6. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I also need dyeing of my hair at regular intervals, but never gone to a parlor to dye my hair. I do it myself at home even though it is not easy to do it alone. I use two mirrors to see backside of my hair too. Till recently I was using normal hair dye brands which are available in local medical stores. Then I realized that it is just aggravating the issue and grey hair is spreading like anything. So I decided to go the organic way. I bought a packet of indigo leaf and organic henna powder from an online store. I am quite happy with the results. I am also tension free as these are quite organic and free from any side effects.

I apply henna paste on hair and wash it after 1-2 hours. The hair turns burgundy. Next day I apply indigo powder and wash it after 2 hours. It gives my hair a dark black color which lasts up to two weeks. I have to do it twice in a month.

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I admit I need to dye my hair as I have enough grey hair but I would prefer to keep them natural. I think dying increases scalp and skin related complications and chances of dandruff increase as well. I would like to stay the way I am and age naturally.

8. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I cut my own hair and this usually saves me about $5 and up to $10 a month (If mom is included), so if you are going to ask me, I would really want to try and dye my own hair that is if I know what products I put on my hair but I'm kinda hesitant to do that as I might mess everything up myself. I had my hair dyed professionally before and it cost me $80 just to complete the session. It's a bit expensive but it's worth it because I like how the parlor guys treated my hair; Although the strands of my hair is thin, they were still able to take care of it without me going back to complain. For me, dyeing one's hair should be done at a parlor, because sometimes letting professionals do it saves you the hassle of paying more if the dyeing failed.

9. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually take care of my own hair, too. Not only is it less expensive, I know exactly what i want and don't want. when you go to a beauty parlor, sometimes it is hard to explain to the beautician exactly what you are trying to accomplish. I usually take along a picture of the look that I want; but that does not always get it done right either. At least if I do it at home, I don't have to pay for having it not turn out just right.
    I also color my hair at home. Now that my hair is mostly grey/white, I decided that I would quit coloring it blonde, and put a platinum color in my hair. what I really want is the lavender/purple highlights, and I have also purchased some spray in products that are supposed to add those colors to my hair.
    I haven't tried doing that yet; but I am going to try it out soon and see if I can do it myself.

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I did that while I was working in Australia because the salons charged anything in between $10 to 30 (minimum $10) and with my crop cut habit I would have paid AU$ 30 a month I bought a clipper for AUD19 and saved lots of monies.

11. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    We usually have a family member to do the dying for us. I don't dye my hair but my aunt used to have her niece dye her hair all the time. No use paying when you have family to do it for you. I don't think it's too hard to find someone who can do it for you.

12. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Cool! I guess I'm not alone in this. I've purchased a clipper before and tried it but I disposed it right away because I cannot style my hair with just a clipper. I do the old school hair cutting now with just a razor blade and a trimmer scissor.

13. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    My clipper had 8 different sized combs from 0-8 +2 for left and right ears so it was easy to cut hair as per your choice. However, as I said I would use size 2 and everything was over in 3-4 minutes. Simple as that.

14. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    It's okay if you can learn to dye your hair yourself or have your spouse do that for you. Somehow, indirectly you are making the professional barber redundant for this reason I think sometimes the barber should be called in. Personally as a man I would rather keep low cut or total hair cut than to dyeing my hair

15. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I am already 65 years old and my hair was all white. I don't to dye it for I want to maintain its naturalness. But my wife insisted that I need to dye it for she's coloring her hair. By they way she is also 65 years old. Well, I have no choice but to follow her advice. Every month I dye my white hair with black dye.

16. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have lots of grey hair but I have decided not to dye them. I wish to keep my hair natural because dyes are not only dangerous for your skin but time consuming as well expensive too. I am not uncomfortable with my age so let people see 'real me'

17. stream26

stream26New Member

Threads:
    Try henna , it make hair healthy.What's nice too is it's usually available locally, and it's cheap.
    I was able to cover my silvers very well with henna + indigo. I used Rainbow Dark Brown (it's just henna and indigo), mixed with tap water and some vinegar, applied immediately. It's easy to use and I would recommend it to use for brown hair of different shades.You can make burgundi or dark plam color with henna