Dyeing Your Hair

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Alexandoy • Mar 27, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The cost of having my hair dyed in the salon is double that cost of the hair dye. What I did was to have my hair dyed by my wife and I do the same for her. At other times, our housemaids can do that job since we had taught them how to. Aside from the charge in the salon, I also had to shell for the tip. And there’s the transportation in going to the salon. In other words, it is very economical to have the hair dyed at home since dyeing does not need special skills.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Now days there is scalp friendly hair dyes too which is safer for it doesn't have lead in it. I'm going grey too, but I hesitate using dyes for my hair. I think I'll go natural grey as time goes by. Hair dyes goes on sale too, so you might want to watch for ads at your stores. It goes on sale a lot at CVS, but I don't know if where you live has a CVS.

3. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't dye or colour my hair. I prefer them the way they are and I don't have greys.

However, everyone whom I know who dyes their hair do it at home mostly. It is way much cheaper and convinient too.

Hair dyes are sold at a good price in local stores if you aren't particular about the brands that is.

4. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    In my early late 50s, I already grow grey hair. My friends told me that I already looked old. I simply replied that okay for I am already that old. What's wrong if I have already grey-haired head? I don't want to dye my hair.

My wife who has the same age with me is dyeing her hair often. She spotted my grey hair which covers some parts of my head. She suggested that I would have it dye too. Who doesn't want to fail his wife? Well, I obeyed her. I bought hair dyeing powder and a shampoo at the Drug Store and let my youngest daughter dyed my hair. Everyone at home has at all smiles seeing me in a new look. "You look young!" they all chorused.

I want to maintain that black hair. I tried the barbershop which the barber is dyeing hair. Ouch! What a surprise! That is true, the cost for hair dyeing is more than double of that the price of a sachet of hair dye. Next time around, I dye my own hair.

5. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    My father used to dye his hair regularly and he rarely goes to a saloon for that. Most of the time my mum dyes his hair. He says he saves money by dyeing his hair at home itself. Also, he says it I pretty comfortable to dye hair at home. He will sit and watch t.v while my mum dyes his hair. He actually enjoys it a lot :)

6. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    The only reason why you go to Salon is to avoid accidents. There are many people who got blind after accidentally spilling hair dye on their eyes. If you will DIY hair dying, You have to make sure to protect your eyes by wearing goggles.

7. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    I don't dye my hair as I would end up having to cut it anyway. If that's what you want to do and you have found an economical way to do it then kudos to you. You might as well do it yourself if you can in my opinion.

8. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    In addition to having a partner or someone else help dye your hair you can equally do that yourself. I remember years back my dad dyes his hair himself and it always looks nice and shine brilliantly. Well maybe if you have someone dye it for you would make a lot of positive differences. It's always far more economical to get the dye materials and do it yourself than going to the saloon. In that case you aren't paying for the services of a barber. The same applies to hair cut.

9. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Dyeing your hair in a salon is way more expensive compared when you do it at home. My sisters used to purchase L'Oreal or Revlon hair color and dye their hair at home since it's so much cheaper for them and they can save a lot. But there are times that they need to go to the salon if they want a certain color that they can't do themselves since you'll need to mix it and some said that you need a professional to get the exact color that you want.

10. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    This is very true. It is much cheaper to get the hair dyed at home rather than at the Salon. My sister-in-law used to go to the Salon to get her hair dyed. The cost of it was the same as that of the hair dye. The tube can be used 2-3 times. So that means that the cost of getting the hair dyed at the salon is two to three times more than getting it done at home.

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think getting your hair dyed is your choice but for me it's a waste of time and money besides invitation to different skin related diseases. I am not sure why people dye their hair or try to hide the natural color of their hair since the color does not last for long so you have to do it on regular basis which is really a lot of work for a person as lazy as me lol.

12. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    That's so true, since the charge of the salon seems quite overpriced, and the longer your hair is, the more expensive it gets. When I finally decide to dye my hair, I would just buy the cheapest brand of hair dye to save money. They only cost around $8, I think.

13. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    My hair is getting increasingly gray. I decide that I am going to live with it like that. I would just endeavor to continually have it cut low at regular intervals. I rally don't subscribe to the dyeing my hair, I have seen some that are dyed looking really unsightly when the dyeing goes bad.