E-mail promotions

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Peninha • Apr 10, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I receive on my e-mail tons of promotions from companies similar to Groupon. Actually I just received a really tempting offer about a underwater camera that really made me wonder, but at the same time I thought, why do I need that for, just because it's 60% off? Anyone falls into these temptations?

2. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    There is an online company called Donanza that offers freelance job listings to those who sign up. The memberships offers are both free and paid, as there are several ways with the monthly rates being the most expensive over time. I check a famous coupon site to see if there is a discount that can be applied. There is but when I attempted to place an order via PayPal, there was no place to use this.

According to Donanza, paid membership means having your profile visible to prospective clients. Otherwise, they are no different than any other freelance site that lists positions from others sites and craigslist.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, if you like diving or are fascinated by marine life, 60% off an underwater camera sounds fantastic. I wouldn't mind one for exploring the reefs in my neighbourhood. But I know I wouldn't buy a camera on the internet. I would want to be able to closely inspect every detail of it and get all kinds of warranties and backup in case there is a problem. I think with those promotional offers you would probably find it hard to get a refund or exchange if the product is faulty in some way.
    I very rarely receive the kind of promotions you are talking about. Perhaps my spam filter sorts them out before they can reach me.

4. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    Well, I don't personally have the money to spend on these things. But I have a friend who does. He'll buy a number of things that are marked down, just because it sounds like a good deal. A few years ago, he bought a metal detector because the advertising made it sound like he would be able to find treasures of some sort. But once he got it, he lost lost interest really quickly. He said the metal detector wasn't of a very high quality. Surprise, surprise.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Occasionally, I receive email promotions that are trying to entice me to either buy something or upgrade my membership on some site to unlock some feature, earn more, get more visibility, etc. I at times visit those sites to find out if what they're saying is true but have never paid for anything and don't plan to either because I only buy/pay for things I budget for ONLY.

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually you only get this promotions if you go to their sites and sign up there, so I'd advise you to do so if you're interested in getting them. It's a good point about buying technology online, I always prefer a physical store where I can have support if something is wrong.

7. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do find some of those emails very tempting, I once saw an HD Video camera being sold for half its original price, and eventually I clicked the promotion and I ended up window shopping for a bit.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't fall into the particular temptation of buying things I have no use for.

I AM tempted by things that I've already been interested in, though. So things I have previously put off or decided not to get can be really tempting to go ahead and indulge in when I see a really good deal like that.

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's true, there are something we just know that can be handy, but usually due to lack of money we don't buy, so if a promotion appears we just might get it! It happened recently with my long desired external drive lol. :)