Earbuds Or Headphones?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by TheViper • Sep 16, 2015.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer earbuds over headphones for a variety of reasons. I prefer their low profile over headphones, which are large and bulky and not comfortable to walk around in. Also, my head is big/wide, so most headphones often feel really tight on my head and give me a headache while wearing them. My ears also get really red and sore from having those pads squashed against them.

With earbuds, I prefer the hollow rubber bulb design, which forms a tight seal without the inner ear pressure you get from foam or molded attachments. They also naturally block out external noises pretty effectively without the need for any special technology or bulky attachments.

2. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    It depends. I use earbuds when I'm out and just listening to music. It is just easier and more handy than bringing around a huge headset. But when I'm working, listening to transcripts and such, I prefer using the headset as it is clearer in providing me with the sounds. Sometimes though, I prefer just using the speaker when we're blasting the stereo.

3. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    It really depends on how you use it. For me, I prefer to lie down and just listen to music. So, the headphones might be too bulky for that application. Not to mention that I might toss and turn while in bed. Since headphones are not attached to your ears, it might slide when I move about.

When I am outdoors, I find that wearing earphones are more fashionable. I mean, I feel that two cups jutting out from your head does not look appealing to me. So, earphones for me.

The only thing you have to watch out for is that the earphones might now have as much bass clarity compared to headphones.

4. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love over the ear headphones. They're very comfortable and usually have much better sound than the regular ear phones. I buy mine from Walmart and get the Sony brand. They're the best. Headphones aren't made very durable though so you really have to take care of them. I've gone through too many but I'm not about to buy headphones in the hundreds of dollars category. That's ridiculous. I'd rather spend a little (mine are only $20-25), and have them for a decent amount of time. I also just bought a new pair and the brand is ONN. I've never gotten them before but they're great too. They were only $10 I believe.

5. rikka

rikkaMember

Threads:
    I am not much of a music person when I step out of the house, so I don't bring earbuds. I prefer using headphones even though it's bulky because it cancels noise, and I just happen to use it at home. Another reason for me not to use the earbuds is because after listening to music for a long time while utilizing it, I tend to get dizzy, or my left ear gets stuffy. And feeling like my world is spinning around is what I fear the most. I use headphones because I don't feel those dizzy spells.

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Whenever I learn that someone is not much of a music person, I always feel like that person has no soul whatsoever lol. Are you sure you are a human being? :p I once was dating a girl and she told me that she didn't like music, so we stopped dating lol. It is just very rare, and music is just so vast, that I find it hard to believe that there are people out there that don't like music at all. That means something may be off, in my book.

But getting back on topic, I also prefer headphones. They may not be as neat or as socially acceptable as earbuds, but I don't care. I don't like earbuds, and for some of the reasons you listed above.

7. rikka

rikkaMember

Threads:

Ahahah, yeah, I am not much of a music person. I can't relate to music so much that there are times I don't know who sing which song.

But yeah, I prefer headphones too. That may be the only thing we can agree on. :p

8. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    I love headphones, they are comfortable, have a really nice sound and you can't even notice the background noises. I only use earbuds when I'm going outside and I can't carry a lot of things, or in a short trip.

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I am out walking I use earbuds. My headset has such good sound I love to listen to the jazz I play thru the headset. I really enjoy the music more thru the headset than the earbuds.

10. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I am on team ear buds. I like how easy it is to store. I am using some cheap dollar store headphones and I don't like it much. They hurt my ears and feel like there is too much pressure. I also don't like how headphones could ruin my hair. I don't want something so bulky in my hair when I spend so much time trying to get it right. I can't wait to save up some money to get ear buds again.