Earliest Age For Kids To Start School?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by ExpertAdvice • Sep 12, 2014.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    All over the world, children's academic performance varies at best.

There seems to be an imbalance in terms of the output of students in one country, as opposed to another.

Why is this? Is it that not enough resources are being poured into the education system by "the powers that be"?

Is it that the teachers aren't qualified enough? Is it that our students aren't being "coached enough" at home by parents?

My question for you is this: do you think that the age at which you start sending your child to school has any effect on whether he/she will perform well in their future school years? Or do you think that the "age factor" is a myth?

Tell me what you think!

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Depends entirely on the kind of 'grounding' the kid has. My niece stayed with me when she was a toddler. I used to do a lot of writing back then and the kid got to love books and reading. They set her to school when she was pretty young and she's an excellent student. Scores straight As only though she's younger than most of her classmates. Her older sister who went to school at the 'appropriate age' is but an average student.

So I believe there's hardly any correlation between age and academic performance.