Earn Points On Prescriptions

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Jessika • Jan 10, 2017.

1. Jessika

JessikaActive Member

Threads:
    It is worth checking where you buy your prescriptions, since some pharmacies let you earn loyalty points on them. I used to get mine from Boots, but my local Boots doesn't allow shoppers to gain advantage points on prescriptions or medication. Tescos, on the other hand, will allow you to gain clubcard points on medication bought at their pharmacy.

When I found that out and switched over, I am now picking up about £5 a month in points which I can use to save money on my shopping. Do you know any other pharmacies that let you do this?

2. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I used to go to CVS back in the day where one can accumulate points with their rewards cards. These points were given not only in the pharmacy section but also in the entire store. I used to get emails with coupons I was able to use with my rewards cards that could save me up to $30 a month.

3. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    You can also ask for a card in stores around here and with every purchase and with the more you buy, the more points you get. At one point, we had over 50 dollars in credit. I suggest asking for a rewards card in every major store you go to. Most of them are completely free. I'm sure Vons has one as a key chain card. They also work for in-store pharmacy medicine.

4. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know about this possibility. Are you talking about online stores or offlines? As we have no such priviledges in offline stores.

I am a frequent buyer of medicines and this can be real helpful for me.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get a 20 dollar gift card everytime I fill my prescription at Wegmans. However, that promotion will be over soon. I will have amassed 100 dollars in savings. I will transfer prescriptions to a different pharmacy if I get cash back bonuses. I don't care that much about prescription points.

6. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I'm guessing all pharmacies in the US, and possibly many other nations, do this. In that case, it would become a battle to see which one had the best savings - so what kind of gimmicks do you think they're doing to win over customers in such a competitive situation?

#6Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017