Easier Commute

Discussion in Travel started by ProNine • Jul 8, 2016.

1. ProNine

ProNineMember

Threads:
    Ok, so basically, I have to take the bus everyday and it can last for a while, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what I can do to make my ride less suffer able in the morning and can actually turn it into a positive start. I'm willing to spend some money for any suggestion you all might have.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    IDK different things work for different people. When I used to have an hour long commute, and my husband's was an hour and a half, he would sleep on the train and I would listen to music and read all the way to work. I would see a lot of people doing the same, or maybe even reading a book. Something else that I know's popular is playing games and doing crossword puzzles.

3. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    I would highly recommend that you download podcasts and listen to them while commuting. This is what I do to make sure that I’m still productive even when I’m commuting to the office. I usually listen to podcasts by my favorite comedians like Bill Burr and Bo Burnham. Or you can listen to music if that’s what you prefer.

4. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I also have a whole bunch of songs on my iPod that I listen to every time I commute especially during times when the travel takes a little longer due to heavy traffic. As much as I would love to read while on the road, I easily get dizzy so I just leave the reading at home or when I'm in a coffee shop. Sometimes when I don't listen to music, I just look outside my window and appreciate the view. I even have this habit of just watching and observing people on the streets especially when the bus I'm in is stuck in traffic.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As long as you are sitting down you can do more or less anything you want. I do think music is the best way as it doesn't require any room and you can easily take out your earphones as and when. I would invest in a good set that allows you to hear without disturbing people. I used to make a playlist just for my journeys with feel good music and that would calm me down in traffic.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Like Gracer I carry my portable radio for I too ride the bus...no way around it for it's long going and coming. It took me 4 hours just for shopping and my shopping was get a few things at just 4 different stores on a Sunday, a slower day for bus rides too! I got accustomed to going earlier and trying to figure out which bus to take to get to my destination faster. We got bus schedules found at the library and the bus terminals where I buy my bus pass which is economical for every month it cost's $60 for a bus pass. I spend in the first 10 days more than $60 already so the rest of the month is like riding free. Bus pass makes the rides so much more easier to do for you know you get your money's worth getting a bus pass. Never read while on the bus...I did once and when I looked up to see how far I am to my destination I found we passed it and I had to get off at the next stop quickly and cross the street to another bus stop to go home, lol! Luckily it was not a day for appointments so it really didn't matter, but I never read while riding the bus again.

7. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I would listen to a audiobook or you could try to discover some new music as well while taking the bus, and just try to recharge your battery some how-and try not to stress out to much either. Also boredom and daydreaming while you take the bus is good for your creativity as well-and this is what you need to keep yourself happy and inspired.