Easter Chocolates

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Peninha • Apr 6, 2015.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wonder where the tradition from Easter chocolates came from! I mean, I do like chocolate a lot, but I feel it's a little too much to receive so many chocolates, what are we suppose to do with them?

2. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I have no idea where the tradition came from, but one thing for sure.. I love the chocolates in all sizes and forms. I received a really big egg chocolate and a bunny chocolate. I have already eaten the egg chocolate but I cannot bear to eat the bunny chocolate. It is too cute to be eaten and I don't have the guts to destroy it.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    lol, my kids also received a chocolate sheep each and it's super cute, at the same time I find it funny that it's a sheep, my mother doesn't realize that the sheep is totally unrelated to Easter! :D

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What are you supposed to do with them? Eat them hahaha!!! Not too many at once, hopefully. And just enough to not put on any weight or do damage to one's teeth lol. I know where the egg thing came from, but whoever got the idea to have these eggs be made into chocolate, was a marketing genius to be honest.

5. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, I'll be honest with you, I have chocolates throughout the year because I have the ones from Christmas and when these are coming to an end the Easter ones appear and they last me some more months... I could do business selling chocolate! :)

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hahahah!!! You should pop round to one of your local stores and ask them if they will purchase your chocolate lol, assuming that the chocolate is still packaged and sealed, and has not been opened at all lol. My family has gone away for a few days, so I am home alone. But all of the easter eggs that have yet to be opened are stacked up in the fridge.

7. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So how tempting are they to you? :p

I don't think that stores would buy my second hand chocolates haha, at least I would not buy any second hand chocolate, that just sounds too strange!

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like chocolate, but I think the amount consumed over Easter is just ridiculous! I'm not even huge on Easter eggs. I'm ok with a small chocolate bar once in a while. My mum and dad-in-law always bring us at least 2 Easter eggs each. It's very sweet, but such a waste because quite often they expire before we can get to them :( We don't have the heart to tell them not to bring us any.

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's how I feel exactly Lushlala and Christmas is not that different, I mean, when people don't know what to offer they simply grab some chocolates. Sure, Easter is worse because chocolate is what we offer.