Easy quick Meal Healthy Recipe, Come in !

Discussion in Food & Drink started by jericjames10 • Aug 19, 2013.

1. jericjames10

jericjames10Member

Threads:
    I've found this recipe, and want to share it with you and you should try it.

Since, I really loved broccoli. I've search recipe with broccoli vegetables and I found this !

Prima-Mama Pasta Salad

PastaPrimavera1-1024x768.
    Prima- Mama Pasta Salad

Ingredients:
    13.25 oz. dry whole grain rotini noodles
    ½ red bell pepper, diced into small pieces
    1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
    5 tsp. red wine vinegar
    2 heaping tablespoons Saucy Mama’s Dijon Mustard
    2 tsp. agave syrup or honey
    3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
    2/3 cup peas, thawed from frozen or canned
    1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
    ½ c. crumbled feta cheese
    1 small carrot, grated into small strips
    Salt, to taste
    Black pepper, to taste

Directions:

Cook rotini in a pot of boiling, salted water according to package directions. Add the broccoli florets and red bell pepper for the last five minutes of cooking or until broccoli is the tenderness you like. Drain.

Meanwhile, combine the vinegar, Dijon mustard, agave syrup and olive oil in a small bowl with a pinch of black pepper. Mix well.

Toss the dressing mixture with the pasta, broccoli, and bell pepper. Add the peas, crushed red pepper flakes, feta cheese, and shredded carrot. Stir and Serve.

Comments:

Increase or decrease the quantity of vegetables, depending on your liking. Using penne pasta is another option, but I found the dressing sticks nicely to the rotini noodles, which ends up adding more flavorful to each bite. The fat in this meal is predominantly monounsaturated fat, which is the heart healthy type.

I tried this, and totally a blast. I really love it, and my family were asking me to make this recipe again.