Eating Free Meals

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Decentlady • Feb 1, 2017.

1. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    There are places like Temples and Gurudhwaras which offer free meas on certain days if not daily for poor people.

Of recent, I see that these places are crowded by working people from the surrounding areas.

Others see this as a sort of alms and donot eat at this place. While others that I know have stopped altogether cooking at home despite the fact that they can afford, just to save money.

What is your opinion on this matter? Is it okay to eat at such places and if yes, who is the right candidate? Would you jst go and eat there to save cash?

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No I wouldn't go to places that have free meals for the poor. The poor can't afford it so they have to go to these places that

so it's for them. We have a church that gives free meals daily, but it's just one meal a day for the homeless. We have in America

, Supplemental Nutrition Assitance Program commonly known as foodstamps to help people who are in need to buy food in supermarkets or shops that accept them like vegetable stands at Chinatown or at Hele Gas Station. A meal that the you eat at the places for the homeless or poor takes away their food, so no I wouldn't go there to eat. Many fast food restaurant have meal deals so cheap so no need to take away from the poor.

[​IMG]
    (image is from wendys.com)

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If the free food is for everyone like the sample tasting in the supermarket, I would probably avail to save me my lunch money. But if that food is intended for the poor people like that in the feeding program, I think it is unethical to avail of such if I can afford to buy my own meal. I wouldn't dare partake because it is like grabbing the food of one poor person.

In Manila, there is a feeding program by the side of Quiapo church. They serve free porridge every morning. Most of their customers are the homelessm

4. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I would go if I was suffering economically like I was a few months ago especially so my daughter can have a full meal other than that if it's meant for the poor then I wouldn't want to take that away from them. I would go to save money if I knew the money I earn wasn't going to be enough for a certain month or weak.

5. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    It is a big insult for for a free feeding or meals for the poor and the needy when those who can afford are availing of such service. They are doing that to save themselves of spending their money for the meals. It is also an abuse especially when it is the government feeding program. Practically speaking, I don't think it would be abused. I know that those who are eating there or the recipients are already surveyed or predetermined to have control of those who are eating.

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I feel it's okay for anyone who genuinely cannot afford food to eat at the free meal centers, there is no shame about it especially when you are being sincere with yourself. The right candidates to go there for food should be those who are really really in need of food and can't help themselves and not just greedy workers. There should be a system to screen the people before feeding them.