eBay Auction Sniper

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by etc • May 12, 2012.

1. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    There are some software and firefox addon/plugins which allow users to schedule their bids to a product in eBay. A friend introduce me to this firefox plugin so that I can cheaply buy the item I'd like to have from ebay yet I'm not successful with it or maybe I just don't know how.
    Has anyone ever succeed using eBay Auction Sniper?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you're not successful with it, then your highest bid is not high enough. Scheduling a last minute bid is not going to help you if the other person is willing to bid more.
    If you schedule a last minute bid for $5, it's not going to win against someone who has already bid $25.
    If you are auction sniping, not only do you have to schedule a last minute bid, it also has to be a higher bid than the previous bids. It can't win the auction for you if you're not willing to spend more money.

3. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard of this but have never used it. I don't buy much on Ebay but if I see something I want I generally don't want to leave it to chance. As ACSAPA stated in her post this idea only works if you're willing to spend more than others. I would hate to miss out on an item I really wanted because I tried to do a last minute bid to save money.

4. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    Is something like that against the eBay TOS? If it's doing it by itself, I'm pretty sure you'll get in some trouble for getting caught. Anyways, I haven't played with any of those before, mostly because I like to buy things instead of bidding for them. Maybe I'll try one in the future, are they readily available?

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess having a bid scheduler won't really work if someone has bid more money on the item. Your best bet so that you won't lose the auction is to bid more money on it in advance.