eBay.com World's greatest store. Do you use it?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Gonzalo • Mar 31, 2012.

1. fishyfinz

fishyfinzMember

Threads:
    Ebay is a great site to buy and sell. I use it a lot especially when I want to buy things that are not very easy to find in regular stores. The good thing is that I've always had good experiences while shopping on ebay; no misleading selling.

2. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do like eBay and it probably is the world's greatest store. Where else can you buy a cord Versace duffle coat worth £400 for £20? My brother purchased the coat a few days ago and it is in as new condition. This type of bargain makes eBay number one for me.

3. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't used it. I never really think of it. I will have to try and remember it's there. I bought a cd at the store recently and was surprised by the cost. I looked it up online and found it on eBay for about 75% less. There was some shipping and I'd have to wait for it to come, but it might be worth it to save the money.

4. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    I'm in the minority here because I steer clear of Ebay. Back when I used it, it was pretty new. And their ideas and security weren't fleshed out properly. As a result, I've been left with two instances of very unsatisfactory service with them. It must have changed much since the days I used it.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have already bought some items from Ebay, but right I'm still waiting for an item to arrive from a Chinese seller. I bought it last Sept. If it doesn't arrive, then I will stop buying from Ebay sellers that have negative feedback regarding their service. From now on I will always buy from sellers that have 100% positive rating. I noticed that most sellers from China are notorious for being lousy sellers, based on their feedback.

#65Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  6. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I use Ebay all the time. I used to be an Amazon.com head but not anymore.

7. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Lately, I've been only using eBay to buy branded products, mostly things for my guitar, that you can get at bargain prices and save A WHOLE LOT. I try to buy from US sellers only, not because I support xenophobia (lol), but because practically all of them sell original products.

If I want to buy some cheap thing or gadget, I don't even check eBay. There are many other stores for that purpose.

8. bellahpereira

bellahpereiraMember

Threads:
    I use Ebay.ca but I'd assume that it would work the same way that ebay.com does. I use it both as a buyer and a seller - although more on the buying than the selling part lately. I usually look there right away after I realize that I need to buy something and although I don't use it all the time, I have made a couple of order using their site. It's always important to remember to check the ratings for people selling things though - you can never be too careful on a website like that.

9. teamrose

teamroseMember

Threads:
    I have been on ebay from just about the beginning. I am a PowerSeller a and a power buyer. In fact, I've sold so many things on eBay that people started asking me to sell for them also. Now I'm what's known as an ebay Trading Assistant. Sometimes I'm amazed at the super deals one can get on ebay. Even with the high fees, it is still worthwhile to buy and to sell on ebay.

10. dkramarczyk

dkramarczykMember

Threads:
    I do use ebay, however I don't like them as much as I like Amazon.com. One major thing that bugs me about ebay is that they do not rate their items well. For example, if I'm looking for a cell phone and they say it's in decent condition and then look at the pictures, I would say the pictures say it's in heavy wear condition. I don't think they rate their items as well as Amazon does. I also like how many of the sellers on Amazon use the Amazon Fullfillment option. This is an option where the seller gives the item to Amazon and if someone purchases it, then Amazon is in charge of mailing it. I definitely like this feature because then you KNOW that you will receive your item. Some sellers are just trying to get your money. I also like how Amazon does not have the auctions. Some items on ebay are auction only, which gets annoying. Sometimes you find something and you can't find it in the buy it now, just the auction section. I do not like this! Amazon still allows you to find things that are way cheaper than in stores. I very much like amazon.

11. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I was going to create a post about Ebay, good job I spotted this. :)

I have been using Ebay since about 2004 and have brought quite a few bargains in my time. The one thing that has always annoyed me is the sniping that happens within the last 30 seconds of an auction. Take yesterday for example, I bidded on an iPhone 4 and there was only 20 minutes to go and I was the highest bidder at £60 (I had put in a maximum bid of £150) so I went to bed, when I awoke the auction had ended and the final price was £359!

This is one reason why I have started using sites like Amazon and Play to buy my goods, nobody is going to snipe them away from me.

12. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

Makes sense. You get your item faster. If you order from inside the U.S., you'll get your item delivered promptly. From India or China, you might never get it. It could get lost in the shuffle.

13. Rob

RobMember

Threads:
    I use ebay to buy most of the stuff I need. Everything is pretty expensive here in North Europe so I can really appreciate the prices :)
    Ebay is also a great place to find rare collectibles and antiques worldwide.
    I'm just a buyer and I prefer to sell things on my local online auction sites.
    Worldwide selling is a bit complicated and the foreign shipping fees are quite high in my country.

14. emiliiocharles

emiliiocharlesNew Member

Threads:
    Now a days the internet gives a good platform to get any information or product within a minute. Here I get such nice and useful details about online store. I visit this store and I get great collection of many products.

15. Rob

RobMember

Threads:
    I have had some problems with chinese sellers - I have bought three items and it's been over a month but nothing received.
    I know I can get a refund but I'm still a bit disappointed to wait for something that probably never arrives..

16. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I made a mistake selling an item on eBay yesterday, it was my first ever eBay sell. A bidder made an offer, I made a counter-offer and then I received a message from someone saying they will buy it now if I can deliver in 5 days. The counter-offer was accepted before the other bidder had the chance to buy it now so I lost money, ah well.

17. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Do you have a tracking number? It should be something like RAxxxxxxxxxCN. If you do, you should check the status of your order in your local post office.

18. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Ah you acted too quickly. You should've waited a bit before accepting your final offer.

19. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used ebay in the past to purchase batteries and cables for some of my computers. I really have not spent too much time on the site lately. I think I will give the site a visit to see whats going on over there.

20. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    These comments are making me want to check out eBay a little more! I've gone through it in the past and found some things I like, but I've never actually ordered from there. Next time I'm in the market for something, I shall try it out again!