eBay.com World's greatest store. Do you use it?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Gonzalo • Mar 31, 2012.

1. Smackz

SmackzNew Member

Threads:
    I use ebay a lot. I find it is very reliable and easy to purchase things I want. I don't sell things on Ebay; I usually sell things on craigslist. Prices on ebay always seem to satisfy me.

2. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Well... not quite. Since I'm not from the US, it doesn't really matter if I order from China or from the US in terms of how much I have to wait to get an item. USPS has much more expensive shipping rates than China/Hong Kong/Singapore Post. International Priority and Express usually cost 10 times more than Registered Airmail from Asia.

However, I try to use First Class International for most of the things I buy from eBay, and I've always got everything I bought. One time it took 4 months for some phone screen protectors to get here, though. Crazy!

3. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    yes. when I ask my friends about ebay, they always say it's a scam but to be honest, I've bought a lot of stuff from eBay and all their products came out to be real and legit and never scammed me any money. They don't take your money either.

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I started using it not to long ago and fell in love i got a lot of my husbands Christmas shopping there not only did i get my things when they said i would but i didn't have to pay an arm and a leg for it i was able to get some nlf things for my husband of his favorite team and instead of buying 100 each item i probably spent that much all on his gifts so i love ebay.

5. GSBryce

GSBryceMember

Threads:
    I'm not a huge fan of ebay. The bidding feature turns me off. Also, anyone can put their items on there whether it's of good quality or not. It's just a guessing game to me. I favor Amazon better than ebay.

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I've only bought from ebay once or twice but I always see plenty of unique things that I like and there are often great prices. I may have to check it out more.

7. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    I do most of my shopping on Amazon.com. I recently bought an item on ebay and I had a bad experience so I am going to stick to Amazon. I do like how some items offer free shipping.

8. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

Bidding is fun sometimes but you really have to know what you're doing. You also have to watch that bid all the way till the end because at the last few seconds, someone can come in and outbid you. I usually bid on something with an hour left to go, and then with about 15 minutes left, I place a second bid as a "lock up" bid. To lock up the item from any potential new or old bidder looking to outbid me. Makes them think about it before pulling the trigger.

9. themdno

themdnoNew Member

Threads:
    I use Ebay all the time, as both a buyer and seller. Mostly right now, I am a buyer. I am trying to start to get serious about being a seller though, as it's a good source of income. I love bidding on an item, it adds an air of excitement to ordering an item online, and sometimes you get amazing deals.

10. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    I always look on eBay first if I want to purchase something, because of the low prices. Buying stuff from eBay is all good and well, but selling with eBay is just a hassle.

11. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    I've always just been a buyer on eBay rather than a seller. I really only use the website for hard-to-find or rare items that I can't absolutely look for in any other online store such memorabilia or other items that have gone extinct. I've been pretty satisfied with my experiences on eBay so far, and I haven't had any problems with any of the sellers I purchased from.

12. jane211

jane211Member

Threads:
    I use both the eBay UK and the eBay.com sites. It is great for getting bargains and I can often get items I'd would like much cheaper than I could get them anywhere else.

I always look around before buying something now and eBay is the first place I will go to.

I've saved a fortune by buying from eBay instead of other sites or from stores. It doesn't matter if some of the items aren't new provided they are well looked after and I can still get plenty of use out of them. Last year, I brought an item for £33 that would have cost me £85 somewhere else.

13. jane211

jane211Member

Threads:
    I agree with you. It seems eBay is much better for buying than it is for selling these days.

The changes eBay has made in recent years don't favour smaller seller due to the increase in fees and the changes to the feedback system and listing an item used to take a few minutes, but now it takes ages.

I had tried to sell a few items on eBay recently but it seems very quiet at the moment. January used to be my busiest month.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree, I noticed that Ebay is the most popular and the unchallenged online store for many years now. I have good experiences with buying from Ebay, and luckily I haven't encountered a bad purchase so far. The only complaint that I have right now is that Paypal sometimes blocks you from making payments, and I think that it's a glitch. It has happened thrice to me already, the latest one happened just the other day.

15. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use eBay. I have looked at some very nice things there, but I haven't bought anything as of yet. I think it's because I don't have a PO Box, and I so I don't want a bunch of stuff coming to my house. I think that eBay is a great resource though, and more than a little addictive. One can spend hours looking at stuff on eBay.

16. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Shopping on eBay requires patience and time. Looking through all of the brands you are interested in takes time and there are new listings every day so you can never really be up to date with everything. Finding the right size, colour, condition and price is difficult but it's worth it when you pull off a bargain.

17. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I admit I am an old ebay fan. Not only do I find things cheaper, I also find things that are hard to find, discontinued, and not available in the regular stores anymore. Of course there are things that I totally avoid, and there are places I won't order from. The trick is to research and investigate prior to making your purchase.

18. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    Do you really think so? I alway thought Amazon was pretty cool but I haven't tried ebay. I may browse their website to see if they have great products. If I like it I will give it a try and you make it seem so lovely. I hear a lot about the site--great things. Just never became interested in visting the site until now. Is it the same as Amazon? Do people sell their items on there as well. I recently started selling my ebook on Amazon; could I do the same on ebay?

19. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Ebay has a wider variety and spectrum of items than Amazon. Amazon is mostly for folks who know what they want and it's a big brand name. But when it comes to buying food items, Amazon is far more trustworthy than Ebay. That's because Amazon is linked up with all kinds of candy shops, or snack shops offline, who have an online store where they sell products. But Ebay is better for electronics or parts for old models of computers.

20. skyby7

skyby7New Member

Threads:
    I collect military memorabilia and I've found so much stuff on ebay that you would be usually difficult to find in military surplus stores. I've never had any issues with ebay and it is such a great place to buy and sell.

I reccomend it to everyone!