Ebay Experiences

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Diane Lane • Jul 1, 2016.

1. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    My online shopping is mostly done on ebay. I have used local online store and Amazon, however, I buy more products on ebay. Some of the things that I like about ebay are:
    Value products: you can find refurbished products in great price.
    New products: you can find new products that will cost you less than when you buy them from official site
    Freeshipping: You have free shipping option
    Buyer protection: ebay provides buyers' protection, which means you can return the product and get a full refund.
    Paypal payment: ebay offers paypal payment, which is not available on Amazon.
    I use ebay for the aforementioned reasons.

2. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I have had good experiences with eBay. Both buying and selling. It is a great to find those hard-to-find items, as well as to sell some things you want to convert to cash. I don't think I have ever had a bad experience with eBay. I have some items I want to sell right now and I am getting ready for another big run with this site. I will keep y'all posted on how it is going.

3. Norjak71

Norjak71Member

Threads:
    I'm proud of my seller rating on eBay because now most people will trust me to deliver which I always do; however, I'm still very cautious about buying. I don't know, unless they are really a small division of a bigger company buying from randoms is always a huge roll of the dice to me.

4. Ellen

EllenNew Member

Threads:
    that happened to me , a bidder did not pay , and ebay did nothing. thing to do is state in your listing no bidding allowed if you have under a certain amount of feedback. that is one place to start for protection.

5. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    We shop on EBay often but I have never tried that option! Now I am curious. I really like this shopping method but only buy from sellers who reply to my questions and have a high rating. If a seller replies with I don't know about an item they are selling, I appreciate their honesty but will be reluctant to make a purchase.

6. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you mean the Make an Offer option? I often skipped over it in the past, especially since my offers would be somewhat close to the price they were asking anyway, but then I decided to give it a whirl, and since then, I've been making offers. Even if you save $1 on each item you purchase, and purchase 10 items, you've saved $10 and can spend that elsewhere, or save it. I hope y'all give it a shot and see what happens. Some sellers, like the few I've encountered recently, don't seem amenable to accepting offers, despite putting the option on their listings, but most seem appreciative that I've made reasonable offers, rather than low-balling them.

7. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I've never tried that option but plan to soon! I've been using but it now a lot.

8. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Trying to sell on Ebay is a journey and a half and mostly because of all the ''verification'' you need to do. It would be fine if it were simple but no, if you fail to verify your phone number 3 times, it appears they lock you out forever because that's how it was to me. Also, you can't sell anything without verifying PayPal even though you aren't the one paying.

9. buddyman

buddymanNew Member

Threads:
    i have actually had a positive experience buying like most have on ebay. Actually some of my most killer deals i have found there. i have a friend who sells there that said selling on ebay use to be very profitable but now its a struggle to survive after the fees and other losses.

Unfortunately many sellers have just dropped the platform all together. My advice to anybody working on any 3rd party site would be to also look into starting and growing your own website. although things may be fine now you are only one or two complaints away from being shut down.

10. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I did shop on Ebay twice and I can say that it was a great experience. I was happy with the product and received it after 2 weeks, it was a cellphone case and another cellphone accessory. My sisters also shop at Ebay, they usually buy their make ups and cellphone stuffs there as well and are satisfied about it.