eBay or Amazon?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by jilliansorenson • May 19, 2013.

1. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer Amazon because the customer support is good, and you don't have the issue of dealing with lost items or people accepting money but not shipping items. I have bought stuff from Amazon but I haven't bought anything from ebay simply because of the horror stories I've heard about persons paying for stuff but not receiving them, and then exaggerating about the conditions of their items.

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    The first time I bought something on Ebay was a used cell phone and it didn't work but luckily I was able to quickly get a refund. For the most part I buy things on Amazon and haven't had any issues and I agree that the customer service is really good.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really like shopping much on eBay. The products listed are usually of varying quality - and it ends up being hit or miss when they arrive in the mail. Also, some sellers take longer than others to process your orders, so you don't necessarily get stuff right away. Also, it seems more prone to selling counterfeit goods. Plus the prices really aren't all that great. I can often find new clothing on clearance sales cheaper than what people are charging for used clothing plus shipping.

I do a majority of my shopping through Amazon. The prices are good, and the shipping is often free if the order is high enough. Plus Amazon has the items stocked in its own warehouses in many of the instances, making shipping more reliable.

4. romanesc

romanescNew Member

Threads:
    I pick Amazon most definitely. I absolutely love this store. They offer thousands of items to choose from in virtually any category imaginable. Their “Amazon Prime” membership also allows customers to have items delivered in two days free of charge.

Furthermore, they offer very low prices on most items and their customer service is excellent. I have contacted the customer service department on a few occasions and my questions/issues were always quickly and effectively resolved.

Amazon is a wonderful online store and virtually unbeatable!

5. Anna_Bella07

Anna_Bella07Member

Threads:
    Both are really very wonderful sites. But when you want to get the best deals then amazon is better. When we take ebay it too has a lot of deals but the amount of concession which we get won't be much as that of amazon also many of the top brands won't be available.

6. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    I think both are great.I have shopped from both of them and the service is just awesome..however Amazon has a bigger collection.

7. kmo1484

kmo1484New Member

Threads:
    I feel that eBay is easier to sell on and the rules are more lax. For BUYING, however, I love Amazon. I don't buy from 3rd party sellers on there much, but when I have I have had nothing but good experiences. Sometimes sellers on eBay can be a little sketchy. I also have Amazon Prime which is an awesome option, it costs money, but gives you free 2 day shipping on all Prime items - which is a TON of items - and its completely worth it if you order a lot like I do!

8. darelle4

darelle4Member

Threads:
    I use both website but I find amazon appears to be more professional however there seems to be more deals on eBay and you get cash back as well. So they both have their advantages and disadvantages. I use amazon to purchase books because it can be cheaper there.

9. BradHemphill

BradHemphillNew Member

Threads:
    I like and have success with both, but more and more I find myself going back to Amazon more often. The service is better and the process is easier. However, there are still many items that I am better served finding on Ebay. I like vintage toys and items from the 70's and 80's. Amazon is increasing its reach in this area, but Ebay is still better.

10. fermlour

fermlourNew Member

Threads:
    've never used amazon but I'm very pleased with ebay, already got lots of quality products at very low prices, the only problem is that most of the products come from the chine and then take 30 days to arrive.

11. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've only tried to sell once but I'll say how it goes because I'm planning to sell sometime. Like someone else said, eBay is better for collector items. I would buy shirts and books on there. I would say Amazon is better overall. I mostly just buy electronics. The cost of used games on there is amazing so far as they are always good quality. Like other people have said you have to be careful on Ebay. I've been scammed on there before but I would still buy from there if I didn't find what I wanted on Amazon.

12. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    I prefer Amazon. I know that amazon takes a bigger chunk of your sale price when you sell an item but they are more reliable. Ebay has too many quirks for my taste. Amazon has both new and used items, free super saver shipping options and a better site layout. I really appreciate the user experience design of amazon's site compared to ebay's.

13. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Depending on what I might sell, it sounds even more like Amazon is a good deal. I don't think it would be good for an experienced seller but that's not me so I think the cut of my profits would be worth it.
    I also like the design of Amazon compared to Ebay's. I don't know what it is about it but I'm just comfortable with it. Also, I don't think eBay has live chat support that I know of (I haven't used it in a long time but the last time I used it they didn't).

#73Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  14. Buckeye

BuckeyeNew Member

Threads:
    Both. I have an Amazon Prime account and I've purchased more items than I could count and enjoyed their two day shipping. When I can't find what I'm looking for or it's not Prime eligible, I'll go see what is available on Ebay, as I won't be getting the two-day shipping, anyway. There's more payment flexibility with Ebay. I pay immediately, however, if you need a couple of days to get your money together or in a particular form, you can send payment in various forms as long as the auction isn't "Paypal only".

15. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer buying from ebay because of the many free shipping offers available for my country. I live in the Philippines. While there are a lot of physical products I wish I could buy from Amazon, the shipping costs would deter me from doing so and I would rather opt to buy the item from a physical store at a much affordable price. However when it comes to digital products, nothing beats Amazon. If I were residing in North America I'd choose Amazon anytime.

16. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I choose Amazon, unless what I'm looking for is not sold there, or is way more expensive. Even like that, I will only buy at Ebay if it's a seller with really good ratings. I'm always very careful when buying out of Ebay, so I never had problems there. But I have hear bad stories.

17. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I have never bought at Ebay because I am very happy with Amazon. Especially in what concern to book I doubt Ebay can have better deals, I always buy them used (half price or less), but they arrive here as new! :D

18. NeliaDillahunty

NeliaDillahuntyNew Member

Threads:
    I think both are pretty great. The service is prompt and the products are genuine.

19. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Although Amazon has a slight disadvantage in the fact that it doesn't accept paypal, I still prefer it over ebay because from experience I have found it to be much more reliable. Everything I've ordered from Amazon was received on time and quality was mostly the same as was promised. ebay though reliable just isn't as trustworthy as Amazon.

20. RotBaron

RotBaronNew Member

Threads:
    I feel safer using Amazon and they've earned my trust. Never have I bought a product from Amazon only to end up with something I didn't expect. I can't say the same for Ebay and it hurts me to admit that I've been burned once before. Amazon just seems to have a better administration and even there 3rd party marketplace is a lot more moderate than Ebay. Honestly Ebay feels like the wild west and it seems you have to be ultra-vigilant to prevent getting scammed.