Ebay Seller Sent My Items To Bali

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by annitha • Nov 20, 2017.

1. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know how they concluded that my address falls somewhere in the Bali.
    To make it more interesting items were handled to the local seller and stuck in the local post office for more than the month.
    When I asked for a full refund ( after a time of delivery expired) they told me to wait more, because it is a 'normal procedure'.
    Yeah, right.
    I asked a full refund and got one.
    Anyone else with a Bali residence that he/she doesn't know off? :p

2. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    This is something new for me, it didn't happen to me but I heard a lot of strange things about their delivery. I have stopped buying from eBay a long time ago because I didn't receive a phone that I bought from their site.
    I prefer to buy from local sites, in this way if I have a complaint can go to their store and claim my money or the item.

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of anything like this happening. Most of the ebay sellers will only ship to your authorized address, which is the one that you put in when you sign up with your ebay account.
    Sometimes, this can be a problem when you purchase something on ebay and want it sent to someone else as a gift, because they only ship to your address. What I have had to do is write to the seller, explain that I want to ship it to a different address, and if they are not agreeable to that, then I do not bid on the item.
    It might be a good thing just to check your address and make sure that it is the correct one before you buy something on ebay, since they sent your item to the wrong address.

4. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    This is the first time I heard it myself. My address was correct and I always use the same address unless I go visiting relatives, but they are definitely NOT on Bali.
    They returned my money, but I am sorry for the items because they were on the discount.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It seems very strange that they would send it to Bali if that is not your PayPal address, if you paid that way. I always think it's a good idea to reconfirm your address with any seller and check it on the invoice sent. Obviously we don't know where the OP is from but international sales should always be double checked for spelling and postal codes. I do think the buyer has some responsibility in checking that the address listed is the one that is used for correspondence as I do have several listed on my accounts and have to double check before I click buy that the correct one has been checked.

6. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    @wallet@wallet It's quite same with me. Buying some products such as smartphones, and clothes from online stores can be challenging to me. I always prefer to deal with a local store where I can easily pick up what I want to purchase, pay and leave.

Always crosscheck your address with the seller to ensure that they will be sending your products to where you stay. You're lucky to get a refund and I believed they did that just to protect their reputation. I don't fancy buying things from online stores anyway.

#6Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2017
  7. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    One of the many reasons I do not shop online. I will be too upset if something like this happens to me. Like seriously upset. After paying good money on a great discount and expecting my product, then boom. I would rather stick to just buying stuff like ebooks only online.

8. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    This has never happened to me. However, once when I did not receive my product until the delievery expired, I inquired the seller. he sent me a tracking code. When I tracked the code, I found my item in Singapore and in transit to my country. However, there was not record of the product entering my home country. I asked for the refund and I was refunded. This is the beuty of ebay.

9. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    That is so annoying although I would really like to have a home in Bali :pI have not had such experience personally but recently I ordered a book from London which was worth 108 pounds after paying the shipping charges. I was supposed to have received it in 8-10 to days and I could track it down until Mumbai but then after that it was held in customs for more than two weeks. I had to find out and try a lot of numbers of the courier before I could get any answers. Thankfully, it was released after that and I got the book a few days ago. I cannot imagine why an item such as a book is held in customs for so long!

10. Rexy

RexyMember

Threads:
    Hahahah! I laughed when I read this, sorry lol. Either way, did you manage to get a refund or something lik ethat?

11. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    Well that is something that has never happened to me and wish it never does, you can contact the seller and make sure your address is correct.

12. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I guess it was a mistake when the seller was printing or writing your address on the envelope. Maybe that was the address of another client. That has never happened to me yet, but I'm glad you got your money back.