Ebay.com Banned.

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by gmckee1985 • May 13, 2016.

1. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Has anyone ever been banned from Evay for absolutely no reason? I have. I had joined the site and was going to start a little "store" of things I'm looking to get rid of, and things I find at yard sales and antique shops to resale. Put my first item, a book, on sale. Wake up the next morning, and I'm banned for no reason. Anybody ever had this problem?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is very strange, did they ban your account even though you have made no transactions? Perhaps you can set up another account with another email address? Did you verify your account, as often they want to do that with a phone number?

I set mine up a while back and haven't used it in a long while, but verification can take time.

3. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen that problem except for when they suspect fraud. This can be because of various reasons, some of which aren't even your fault. For example, I have seen people get new addresses or phone numbers and they had previously been used by someone that had done fraudulent things on ebay in the past. While this person WASN'T you, your account will be flagged because there's some duplicate information. If the account is banned because of a reason that is not your fault, you usually can contact ebay and get it cleared up fairly quickly.

4. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I think this is likely what happened, Lisa Davis. Someone at the address I'm living at, or using this IP address was up to shannanigans. I actually called EBAY and couldn't seem to get a straight answer as to why they banned my account. It's been a few weeks though, so I'll probably try to call them and get an answer soon. I just think it's a raw deal that I'm paying for someone else's bad behavior. At the very least I'd like a decent explanation for why this is occuring.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It could be IP related, but if that was the case and it was blacklisted then other sites would have banned you or blocked you. As for the address, that's hard to say unless you have moved recently. I know eBay does prefer to have a landline registered as a means of verification so they stop fraud, and check the landline tallies with the given address.

You could try opening another account and using a different IP address (go somewhere else) but it's very unlikely they will respond as their terms and conditions state they don't have to tell you why, and they don't have to approve your account.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I assume that you are from the US, but I think you can still get around that by registering to another Ebay site and sell there? Like you can sell in Ebay UK, but you have to be prepared to charge higher shipping fees since it's an overseas market as you wait for your account to be fixed.

7. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One of my friends was telling me that her daughter had the same thing happen to her. She let someone use her computer and they did something that got them banned on Ebay. Now, she can't use her account because of the IP address having been banned due to whatever it was that her friend did when using her computer.
    Hopefully, you can get the whole incident straightened out with Ebay so that you can still sell your unwanted items on there.

8. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, I've been using eBay for years, both as a seller and buyer, and have never heard of that happening. I see plenty of sellers and buyers on there that I think are fishy, but they seem to operate with no problem. I think the others are onto something, and it's probably related to your address, phone number or IP address being tied to something underhanded in the past.

Another thing could be perhaps someone who has a grudge reported you as having perpetrated some sort of fraud. Is there anyone in your life (or formerly in your life) who would do that? I had an issue with someone online in the past who created a lot of havoc for me, and some people don't need an excuse to take a dislike to you.

I don't think I'd bother to wait around or spend much time holding out for a reason, since it doesn't appear they will give one. I'd probably try setting up a new account using all new information, and set it up from a friend's home or perhaps the library, so the IP address will be different, and see how that goes.

9. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I will say that people that I have known this to happen to have had to jump through fiery hoops to get Ebay to reinstate their account. However, I have heard that their customer service, particularly their phone support, has gotten better in the past two years, so maybe they are more helpful now.

10. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sites can be glitchy. I would try again under a different name or location, or ask them for information as to why your account was banned. It is probably for something like having another account on there or something like that. You may have unknowingly violated their terms of service.

11. sharatharadhya

sharatharadhyaMember

Threads:
    I am from India and I have an Ebay.com account which has never been deactivated or banned. It has been two years and I still use it. It has never even asked me for phone verification and I regularly use it. I believe someone around your house has messed up real bad making eBay suspicious. You better contact eBay before creating another account and provoking further accout suspension. Good Luck.