eBook reader apps

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Strykstar • Oct 15, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    What eBook reader apps do you guys use on Android?
    I've been using Aldiko but I'm wondering whether there are better ones out there...

2. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I've been using Cool Reader for the longest time. I haven't tried a lot of ebook readers out there, but that's because I have found Cool Reader very good.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm using Aldiko too but it's not very good at converting PDF files. You have to download straight from their system. An external PDF file converted to a file compatible with Aldiko tends to be distorted whenever you try to scroll up or down. I use a regular mobile PDF reader with book view. I also like Google Books especially for reading the classics. The app mimics the format of a real book.

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I was able to get the Kindle app to work on my Android. It seems to work the best but I do have the others mentioned as well. On our PC we have Calibre - that seems to have the most books on it. My husband does most of the book downloading though. Amazon.com gives lots of free e-books and the Kindle can open them, so I think that's why I prefer that one. There are more free e-books out there than would be possible to read. Sometimes they aren't the best quality but I have downloaded enough good stuff to keep me willing to rifle though the light weight writers.

5. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I do not use am ebook reader app till now as I am not sure on how it works. I always thought these apps require you to pay for every book download. But looking at the above reviews I do not think this is the case. I will surely try one of them soon. I hope I will enjoy using them.

6. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I have iOS and I'm using Kindle app and i think it's the best ebook reader app there is. As far as i know, you can also download it also works on Android phones. I suggest you get this app, it's pretty cool and solid for such a free app and interface is classy. The build-in dictionary is my favorite feature. :p