Ebooks

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by danielle davidson • Aug 1, 2015.

1. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    I know that Ebooks are a lot cheaper and that's why so many people like to buy them. I had a Kindle for a long time so that I could do that. I figured that I would like reading from a tablet and that I could save money from that. I was wrong because I hated it, and I wish that I did like reading from the iPad that I have now. I would be able to save more money from that. I just tried out reading on my tablet a couple days ago and didn't mind, so many I will try a free book on there. Do you guys like to buy Ebooks so that you can save money?

2. Sunshine703

Sunshine703Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I almost never buy books anymore because compared to ebooks, they're quite overpriced in my opinion. And books take up room. After a few years, you'll end up with a whole pile of them in which you have no intent on reading again. For me, once I finish a book, it's basically garbage for me because I'll never find the time or incentive to go back and reread it. Therefore I'd rather just buy the ebook, finish it and delete it then buying a physical copy because it's easier the delete an ebook then it is to throw out a book :(.

But here's a tip if your gonna buy ebooks online. I would suggest amazon because of the gift cards system. There are plenty of apps and websites where you can get points to turn into amazon gift cards. It's like basically websites/apps that pay you kinda thing to do tasks but if you do those and save dollars up in your Amazon gift card account, you can get free ebooks that way with just a little bit of work. I do it and it's quite satisfying :D.

3. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    I have to agree with you. Books today are just way to overpriced. I get that the authors have to make money, but they cost so much. There are some books out there that cost $30! And that is just too much for me, and then like you said they start to take up space. That's why when I do buy a book, I make sure that it's something I will want to read again. Wow, that sounds like it's awesome. I might have to look into that. Right now I usually just try to find a free PDF of a book that I want to read.

4. Sunshine703

Sunshine703Active Member

Threads:
    mmhm, you can do that as well. I always look up free pdf or other filetypes before I purchase it because why pay when there's a free one out there for download? It's a lot easier to get the popular books then it is to get others in my experience. For example, I've found even epub/mobi files of the favorite books I wanted to read that was in the top rated. But when I want to search for something a little less popular (more like a lot less popular) I had to hunt it down across the web and in the end, I managed it to find the file on some random polish website! Some are hard to find and you really got to try different searches but if you really can't find it, ebooks are always the next best option. Especially if you have amazon gift cards.

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    But the problem is that ebooks aren't that much cheaper compared to traditional books. In fact, numerous ebook retailers have been sued in the past few years for not offering competitive prices on ebooks. Their costs are artificially high for no reason. People that like ebooks are the same people that prize portability and being able to read whatever they want wherever they are in the comfort of their hand on a smartphone or tablet.

6. Corald

CoraldMember

Threads:
    I buy almost all my ebooks on Amazon and I find the prices to be very good. I wish I could afford to get more physical books but I don't have the space and I can get more ebooks for the price of one printed. I enjoy reading on my kindle, my Fire and my phone. I have no problems with the format.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't buy Ebooks. There are thousands of ebooks on Manybooks.net, Guternberg and a few other sites. Free ebooks which can be downloaded legally. Since I'm an avid reader, I regularly download free Ebooks to save money. And since I never read a book more than once, it does save me a lot of money.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't even buy ebooks, I just download them for free, lol. If I can't find an ebook version of the book that I'm looking for then I would most likely just buy it online. That is the only time that I will be buying books, if I can't see an ebook version of it.

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I LOVE reading, and got my Kindle Fire for that specific reason. I love my Kindle Fire and have had it for 2 years now. I think I'll probably get another one in the future if I need a replacement. I now buy eBooks only, never hard copies as it's convenient and cheaper for me. Although I use my Kindle predominantly for buying and reading eBooks, it's also a pretty decent tablet. Did i tell you I love my Kindle LOL?!

10. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I download ebooks alot, there's tons of bestseller books and even the new released books available for download for free like in a torrent. I know this isn't exactly legit but hey whatever saves me me money, i'm all for it especially if it's available for everyone. Oh and the books have to be .mobi so once its downloaded i just upload it on iTunes and sync it to my iphone on my Kindle app.

11. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    eBooks are definitely not for everyone. I've spoken to friends who just don't get them at all. But I'm sold; hook, line and sinker! They're cheaper, I get a lot of free eBooks from Amazon all the time, I can buy them any time, anywhere, they don't take up space in my house...oh, I could go on! I don't even really miss actual, paper books, if I'm being honest!

12. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Yup! I'm an advocate of ebooks simply because they're very mobile and I can carry a thousand books with me simply because of the sheer capacity of tablets nowadays. However, I'm also starting to transition back into paperbacks because they allow me to sleep well, and there's something different (in a positive way), when I read stories off a paperback rather than an ebook. I guess it's the physical part and the smell of the book that gives paperbacks this special advantage over ebooks.

13. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I still like the feel of a real book, and I do not think that that will ever change, but I have to say that the savings you can get from the Ebooks is pretty nice. More than that, there are so many packages that you can get where everything is bundled together and it is nice and convenient, plus it is all on one little device. I am slowly making my way to Ebooks, but I still like the feel of a real book.

14. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nope nope nope. I find it much more convenient to flip through the pages of a book. I do prefer ebooks for cost and saving on paper etc, but it's just annoying to read through them. Blogs and studies and other articles etc that range from a few paragraphs to a few pages long, I don't mind reading online at all.. but anything with chapters I've found to be much easier to read in a physcial copy.