ECost is closed!

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Teens In Crisis • Oct 26, 2014.

1. Teens In Crisis

Teens In CrisisMember

Threads:
    I used to go to ECost.com for regular discounted electronics. I've managed to get some killer deals there to. Today I went there looking for a new laptop, and I was disappointed to see that the site has been closed for some time now. I'm not a fan of New Egg, and now I don't know where else to go for those great deals. That sucks!

Any Ecost fans out there?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never used eCost, but TigerDirect offers some great discounts on electronics. It, along with NewEgg, offer great deals. I've never had trouble with either site, but perhaps you've had different experiences. Apparently eCOST shut down without warning on current users and affiliate users when July rolled around.

3. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't used Ecost before but am wondering if they are going to keep selling their items on ebay or somewhere else. Sometimes sites will sell their overstock on other sites if they don't want to pay for their site or staff anymore. You can probably e-mail them and see if they plan on doing this.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of eCost either. I usually go with New Egg. I have never had any problems with them. No company is perfect so I don't doubt that you might not be crazy about them.

5. Teens In Crisis

Teens In CrisisMember

Threads:
    Oh wow! Thanks! I didn't know that sites would sell stuff on Ebay like that. I'm going to have to look into it and see what I can come up with.

I've never had issues with NewEgg or TigerDirect, I just liked Ecost because they had a "Deal of the Day" and a super discounted section, that was basically closeouts. I got a couple really inexpensive laptops from them.

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    A friend of mine had a really bad experience with NewEgg, over a rather expensive lens he had purchased. They were supposed to price match the lens if he found a better deal elsewhere and when he did, they started giving him the run around, citing all sorts of hidden rules and policies. I think he had to exchange like seven or eight emails with them to get his refund and at one point threatened to take legal action if they did not cooperate. I would have let it slide and not ordered from them again if it was something small, but with something that costs several thousand dollars, and is selling for a couple hundred dollars less elsewhere, that is big enough to raise a stink over.

7. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have never used ecost till now but I think it was s quite worth using depending on the review. I usually go to eBay or Amazon to buy stuff when there are a huge off during some special occasions. However I have never been able to find a site that is too good and has the best deals.