Eczema In The Face

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Peninha • Feb 4, 2015.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the last months I've been developing some red dots in my face, nothing too much, but it has been increasing gradually and peeling as well, dry skin. It's a strange eczema, any ideas what I can do to reverse it?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you added anything new to your diet? Either way it could be your diet.. your body can change in a blink, even because of things we've always done and skin issues are a big sign our diet may be off.

3. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I wonder if this is what is happening to me as well. Recently I have noticed that blotchy red areas have started to appear on my face. I noticed that this patches are also dry and feel irritated at times. Is this what eczema is, and if so what are some treatments for it? I have tried Aloe Vera gel and cleaning my face well, but so far nothing seems to have helped.

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, I have been paying attention and I started to eat more cereals and with the cereals comes the milk, so most likely the milk and the cold have been ruining my face...

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:

I would argue cereals would contribute as well. But yes, dairy is an issue. If you're not concerned about the cereal at all, then maybe look into dairy alternative. But even some of those have questionable ingredients to sweeten them up for the taste buds that are used to the typical western diet. Maybe do an elimination diet? Go without dairy for a bit, see if things improve. If not, reintroduce milk, take out cereal and breads etc and so on.

6. Adrienne Edwards

Adrienne EdwardsNew Member

Threads:
    I was reading the posts on this forum. I am not that knowledgeable of eczema but my younger brother had it as a child on his legs. My mother being a naturalist did not and still does not do traditional medicine. She just found fresh aloe plants in whole food stores. She would cut and peal it and rub the meat of the plant on his legs. The rashes started to heal within a day. Then she would take the inside of the aloe and add it to his favorite foods. My brother is 40 now and has not had a problem with eczema since he was a child.

7. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ha, so the cereals might be doing it? Now that you mention it, you might be right! They might be genetically modified, so the combination of the two might be deadly... What a shame, those cereals are really delicious.

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually, I was referring more to the types of grains and sugars and weirdness that are used. Look at the ingredients.. that could be your answer. But those ingredients are in most processed foods, so that's why I suggest taking a good look at the entire diet. Not just one food.

9. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    you can try making a paste of sodium bicarbonate (small amount of water + baking soda), leave it on your face to kill the fungi causing the eczema and avoid eating chicken and sea foods for a while. if the condition persists, you must consult your doctor immediately.

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I consulted my doctor when I was a child and was told to buy the cream, it was the only thing that would lessen or mask symptoms. Otherwise, nothing could be done. Quite a common answer from doctors. I suffered my entire life until I stopped eating processed foods.

11. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, I think that is the right direction to follow. Using creams basically is acting on the symptoms, not on the cause. So you stopped processed foods and now you are super-healthy?

12. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Never been healthier. In my family, autoimmune issues and depression run rampant and now my children and I are the only ones not suffering. I've experimented with my diet before and any time wheats or refined sugars were reintroduced, the eczema or psoriasis would come back (and remember, these are in most processed foods). So would some weight, which is never fun. And the brain fog so common with depression which dragged me down emotionally almost instantly. My diet is now majority whole foods (not at all as boring as it sounds) and I have not one issue :)

13. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How have you started that diet though, have you been tested for food intolerance or have you just decided to advance and see what happened?

14. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of doctors. I went through my own trial and error to see what works for me and these are also the things that effect the majority of the population whether they realize it or not. Most processed foods share similar ingredients and really.. I don't need them in my life anyway. Not just for weight issues, which they contribute to more than anything, but for health. They don't benefit our health in any way unless fortified and even then the "nutrients" are iffy.. and unprocessed foods do benefit. There is just no comparison. I've been eating this way for years now and no flare ups of any kind of anything I or my children suffered from before unless we reintroduced the triggers. No testing needed.

15. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I envy you right now, you took the case into your own hands and you solved the issue and I am still thinking about paying a lot of money to a doctor to have me tested, I am feeling somewhat coward here.

16. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't feel like a coward. Change is hard.. so is going to the doctor lol. There are only a few choices though and if it bothers you that much, you'll have to choose. Try diet change.. see your doctor.. or keeping buying products that will lessen the symptoms and continue to live with it. Actually, even seeing your doctor will likely lead to you having to live with it. You never know though! Good luck :)

17. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, maybe coward was not the right choice of words, I just feel lazy, I keep entertained with the day-to-day issues and I neglect my health, it's insanity happening right in front of my eyes.

:)

18. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I've had that during the early months of winter and I used grapeseed oil on my face. After just about 3 days, it's gone. You can buy a huge bottle of grapeseed oil at GNC and it's not at all expensive. They say you can even use the one in supermarkets, but I preferred to buy mine at GNC. What's nice with grapeseed oil is you barely feel it's there because it's not sticky at all.

19. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Are you sure it's eczema? My mom once had those red dots and really ugly and itchy scabs on her skin. At first we thought it was eczema or worse scabies but the doctor said it was mostly caused by stress. I would suggest have it checked. If you don't want to go to a doctor you can try your hand on some creams.

20. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It could be a number of things; stress, the weather, food or allergies. The best thing to do is keep all your cleansing things fragrance free (or use baby products) and then see if when you eat any foods it gets worse. Allergies can develop as you get older so you always need to keep an eye on what is happening and listen to your body.