Educational Video Games For Adults

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by dannyluke1 • Jun 21, 2016.

1. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    I just finished playing the educational video game Global Conflicts: Palestine. All I can say is I was mesmerized. It’s definitely one of the most interactive games I’ve ever played. It’s really engrossing. You play the role of a freelance journalist looking for clues and information to publish an article for a newspaper. It’s a slow game but if you want a different kind of entertainment, you might want to check out this game.

2. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    Would you say that this game has accurate real life information? Your title was educational games, that is why I ask. I really have no clue what kind of game this is, but I know games like Rome Total War let you use ancient civilizations, but I wouldn't consider them educational games.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm surprised at how good simulator games have gotten so I'd recommend those as educational tools. One of the best I've experienced so far is flight simulator which from what I've heard is really accurate to real life physics and actual plane mechanics. I haven't flown on a real plane yet nor do I think I ever will since I'm not really all that interested but still it was very fun to learn about all these things in a video game and now I feel I know more about piloting without even finding an instructor for it.

4. AgentD22

AgentD22New Member

Threads:
    Wow! Thank you for bringing this into our attention, crazy interesting!

That seems like a very interesting idea, almost like a documentary but in Videogame form, I will have to look into it. Nowdays with VR around the corner and videogames more popular than ever it would be a great idea to implement a way to learn through interactivity, god knows we need everything at our disposal to keep kids interested in their studies.

And people love documentaries, they love to spend time on their couch just, learning, because in essence that's what a documentary is, so it would be only natural to take that next step into gaming.

5. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    I remember playing a cute game developed by a MIT team, Its called A Slower Speed of Light. A first-person game prototype in which players navigate a 3D space while picking up orbs that reduce the speed of light in increments. Custom-built, open-source relativistic graphics code allows the speed of light in the game to approach the player’s own maximum walking speed. Visual effects of spacial relativity gradually become apparent, increasing the challenge of gameplay. These effects, rendered in realtime to vertex accuracy, include the Doppler effect (red- and blue-shifting of visible light, and the shifting of infrared and ultraviolet light into the visible spectrum); the searchlight effect (increased brightness in the direction of travel); time dilation (differences in the perceived passage of time from the player and the outside world); Lorentz transformation (warping of space at near-light speeds); and the runtime effect (the ability to see objects as they were in the past, due to the travel time of light). I recommend playing, quite interesting game to experience a trip through
    the electromagnetic spectrum.

6. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    I have heard of this game from the radio. It has gotten many kuddos from people who are quite knowledgable about gaming.