Eggies...

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by BarelyHangingOn • May 6, 2012.

1. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    Any fans of Eggies here? I just picked up a pack a couple of weeks ago and they work great. I boil up a batch for the week and then have eggs every other day for breakfast. It's quick and easy.

I am wondering how others grease them though. Do you spray or put butter in it beforehand?

[video=youtube;OZ7vWvOmNRM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ7vWvOmNRM[/video]

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    That's actually a neat idea. I don't have any issues with peeling eggs, so I won't be buying them, but for people who get really annoyed by it, it looks easy enough. I'd probably just spray with a little bit of cooking spray and move on.

3. Jeremy Green

Jeremy GreenMember

Threads:
    I am a huge fan of eggies. They don't take long at all to cook and they are very affordable. I would recommend them to everyone.

4. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I butter mine, but then I like Ms. Paula am deeply in love with butter. Especially on my eggs.

5. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    This looks like a nice idea, but I have never used them. I am always very skeptical of online shopping gadgets, as so many times I have purchased them and they are either not good quality, or they just don't work the way they should.

6. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I like the concept but I think its something extra I don't need since I don't have issues peeling eggs. I can see how this would work with someone who is very hands on with the kids though. This is good to get them to interract without being grossed out

7. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I wondered about eggies and if they would be good to get when I first saw them. They seemed like it would be a good and easy way to make poached eggs. I can never seem to get poached eggs "just right". I saw them in our local Best Buy about a month ago and almost bought them then. I wish I would have now! It is good to hear that you like yours and that makes me feel better about buying them.

8. sunshinesaver

sunshinesaverMember

Threads:
    I have Eggies, and I use mine all the time. I really don't mind peeling eggs, but I like to add cheese and bacon bits to my Eggies, which makes them better to me than just plain boiled eggs. I always put cooking spray on a paper towel and wipe the insides before I use them. I find that they do tend to stick a little if I don't. My kids will eat eggs this way too. If I just boil eggs they won't eat them. If I let them pick out what they want to put in their eggie container they seem to enjoy that.

9. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    I think I might have to try these out! They do look like a neat little invention (one I wish I would have come up with!). I have two small kids and on the days when I decide I want to boil eggs, it always seems like something else is going on and I have a hard time getting them peeled; and whem I'm in a rush I lose half of the egg! Thanks for posting. I might have to look for some. Have you seen them in stores or do you have to order them online?

10. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    Oh wow! I love this invention! I don't fully believe it really works like this, those commercials are always so tempty and only you can't repeat it at home :p
    But I don't like peeling eggs, alghough if I'm going to eat them anyway it doesn't really matter if they look nice or not.

11. sunshinesaver

sunshinesaverMember

Threads:
    They sell them at my Wal-Mart. I think I have seen them in Bed, Bath and Beyond also. Both of those stores here have a place for all the "as seen on TV" items near the front of the store. I hope you can find them in your stores. They are really a great little kitchen goodie to have.

12. Jeremy Green

Jeremy GreenMember

Threads:
    I just purchased some more and I absolutely love them!

13. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    Wow they look really cool. My kids love eggs, I like to boil them and then peel them and use these little molds I got on Amazon. They love that their eggs are shaped like cars, fishes, and other shapes.

14. Andrea4

Andrea4Member

Threads:
    Great idea, Sunshine!! I will have to try adding some cheese or other extra to get the kiddos to eat them. I am not a cook at all and it didn't even cross my mind to add something before cooking. I have not purchased Eggies yet, but most seem to love them, so I will have to give them a shot. Thanks for the info everyone.