Electric/electronic toys when you were young, compared to now

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by primalclaws1974 • Dec 1, 2014.

1. primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974Member

Threads:
    When I was a kid (in the 1980s) electronic toys were around, but they were pretty low-tech. One toy that I loved was called "Stompers". They were palm-sized vehicles with Monster -truck like wheels. There was a forward/off/backward switch, and they would drive on their own. They came in many styles. You can sometimes get more advanced toys in your Happy Meal now, but that was great fun thirty years ago. Most toys did not talk, light up, move or vibrate when I was young. If they did any of those things, it was a "high-tech" toy and cost a fortune. I was really into Transformer toys when I was about ten. Not one of them did anything that required a battery. You even had to convert them by hand! Today's robots practically transform on their own like their movie counterparts. Can you think of any electronic/electric toys that pale in comparison to today's toys?

2. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I grew up in the 90s. I remember RC cars were so popular back then. And then I got hooked with Tamiya. I would spend all day tinkering with all the car parts, looking for the best engine for my model, and embellishing it with accessories.