Electric fireplace?

Discussion in Heating started by dissn_it • Apr 19, 2012.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We live in Hawaii and don't use heaters where I live. When it gets a bit chilly, which I love temperatures in the 70's, I just put on a sweater and I'm fine. I saw a real nice commercial about room electric heaters which I believe to be safer than wood burning or gas heaters. Handy Heaters it's called and I found the ad here for just 29.99

I really like the commercial from the Amish people who invented portable roll around heaters. I found one online at Walmart. Good luck on your heating choice.

2. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I know that I would probably not miss the work and the gathering the logs and all of that, but there is something about having the actual fire that I am not sure you can really replace. Maybe someday, but for now I like the real thing.

3. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I live in a farm and we have trees around. We use wood fireplace. To tell you the truth, I have never seen an electric fireplace. We have electric heater, which we don't use much, but did not know anything about electric fireplace. Which one consumes more electricity, electric fireplace or electric heater.

4. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    My aunt lives in California and she has used both of these heaters. She started with the gas heater then opted for the electric heater. She always complained about malfunctions and the bill was high compared to the gas heater. I don't know about your region but you will be replacing a bill or even make it bigger.