electric mixers

Discussion in Product Reviews started by alahnna • Mar 6, 2014.

1. alahnna

alahnnaMember

Threads:
    My hand-held electric mixer is about 10 years old. I noticed it seems to be losing it's power so I think it's time to get in the market for a new one. Which is better, a hand-held mixer or one of the larger countertop ones? I do some baking, but not what I would consider a whole lot. So it would not be something I am constantly using every day but I would like something with a bit of power that won't get jammed when the dough gets a bit tough. I have see some models that are a counter top mixer but that the top comes off to become a handheld if you want it to. Are they more expensive than the regular countertop ones?

2. winsomenotions

winsomenotionsMember

Threads:
    I used to use handheld mixers and I went through several before I switched to my current counter top mixer. I can say with complete certainty that using a counter top mixer is the best choice I've ever made. I own he Kitchen Aid mixer which is pretty pricey but has lots of different possible attachments for making a variety of food. I love that I can put the ingredients in, switch it on, and then go read for a few minutes rather than having to wait while holding the mixer over the bowl. That is so tedious! Counter top mixers are especially helpful if you make dough that needs to be kneaded because it can do that for you.