Electronics At Newegg

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Norjak71 • May 8, 2016.

1. Norjak71

Norjak71Member

Threads:
    Normally it is within my rule to never buy electronics online, even brand new; however, I have been going against this rule ever since I found a site called Newegg. Not only are their prices just as cheap if not cheaper than competitors, they have the best user reviews from people who aren't tech experts but just average joe's as am I.

The shipping is very reasonable, the products come as advertised, very well taken care of, and the customer service is the best I have ever seen. I sent an email wondering about a ship date since I didn't get confirmation yet, and seemingly within minutes I got a reply back with two different links, an apology, and I even got a free upgrade in shipping.

I have bought new RAM, a new processor and a graphics card from them so far, thousands of dollars in purchases, and not a single hiccup to speak of. If you are in the market for some new tech, I highly suggest checking these guys out, professional as they get in today's society.

2. bogo

bogoMember

Threads:
    I bought a power supply on new egg once. Like you mentioned it was a very quick and enjoyable experience. The prices were amazing too. It's often hard to get deals like that in Canada, but new egg is consistent with bringing the deals.

Besides that one power supply, I usually go to my neighborhood independent computer store. I love to support them because their prices are good but more-so because they know what they are talking about. They know the product that I need and are looking out for my best interests. New egg would beat 90% of their products in price, but having that advice is very important.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've also purchased from Newegg in the past, and definitely wouldn't rule it out in the future. They sell a lot of products (electronics, computer and audio/video related items) on eBay, as well as directly through their website. When I purchased my roku recently, I almost bought it from Newegg, but I decided to go with a new unit, rather than the refurbished one they were selling, since I saw a lot of reviews elsewhere stating that the units that failed initially and had to be refurbished tended to fail again. I think that's probably related to the units themselves, though, not anything to do with Newegg.

4. juulicob

juulicobNew Member

Threads:
    I've purchased a few parts that my laptop needed from Newegg over the years, based on my IT brother in law's recommendations. He was the one fixing my laptop so he told me to order it from them. It arrived real fast, offering cheap shipping and reliable products. I bought a friend a new external hard drive and it was a better deal than Best Buy, which is what everyone around here runs to for anything to do with technology and electronics.

5. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Indeed, these guys have really bargain prices that I rarely see in any other competition. And it seems that their customer service is fairly decent, as much as Amazon. Pretty good online store for electronics, It's a shame they don't ship almost anywhere compared to Amazon.com.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Newegg is one of the best places online to buy electronics but same way it is great there are a number of other stores which also sell electronics which are just as good and from time to time you might find better deals on these sites. Don't be afraid to buy from a store which a lot of other sites and people who've purchased something from them, recommend.