eMail saying that you'll receive money from a bank.

Discussion in Scams = To Good To Be True started by lindbergh • Sep 6, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you received an email such as this?

" DEPUTY MINISTER OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA. PHONE +27 791039636 EMAIL: [email protected]
    My Dearest in Christ,
    My Name Is MARIA BONGI NTULI Currently The Deputy Minister Of Social Development Of South Africa. I Have Served In Many Capacities Towards Nation Building. You can view my profile at

.click on government contact information’s, click on deputy ministry's and locate Social development and read about me. I am Married to late Mr Zuma Ntuli and the marriage lasted for 25years with only a child .My husband died of an illness that lasted for only 6weeks.I Know my mail may come to you as a surprise ,reason for we have not seen or meet before am soliciting for your help ,as I am divinely directed . Before my husband’s death, we were pure born again Christians. When my husband was alive, we deposited the sum of 30.5million usd in a financial institution here in my country, and the fund emanated as a result of an over invoiced contract he did with my former ministry. Though I assisted him in securing the contract, but I never knew he overinflated the contract. The government we are in under Comrade Jacob Zuma came up with a policy to review contracts awarded years ago, and he is poised to confiscating funds with irregular tender, that’s why I’m contacting you. Recently, my doctor told me that I will not last up to 6 months, because of my diagnosis of cancer .my most pressing problem is the stroke, which I am managing before this new medical case. Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to an organization or an individual that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct here in. I want a person or organization that will use this fund to help orphanages, research centers and widows. I will like you to understand that my contact to you is a divine direction from God; As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the Finance/bank .I will also issue you a letter of authority that will empower you as the new beneficiary of this fund. Any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing for a person for this same purpose. Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated here and Please I will like you to contact me Immediately you receive this mail so that I will instruct the Finance/bank to Transfer this fund into your account. Correspondence must be by email to my private EMAIL: [email protected] DONT CALL MY OFFICE LINE. Remain blessed in the name of the Lord. MRS MARIA BONGI NTULI

Of course, this is one big scam. It's very easy to spot. However, why do they still like to send such emails? How will they profit from this?

2. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I have noticed that I stat to get more of these malls when I sign up for some forms or websites. I might be wrong here, but I think some people sell our email addresses to others. They say that wee hate spam as much as you do, but you always know why they want your email address.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not everyone has been on the net long enough to spot a scam the moment they read the first line. Scammers know that. So they constantly shoot in the dark hoping to find a sucker they can steal from. Normally they eventually catch someone in their snare. So they do PROFIT from those emails eventually.

4. ReDGuNNeR

ReDGuNNeRMember

Threads:
    These have been going on for hundreds of years. The internet/digital age has only allowed scammers an even more convenient route to use their con methods. Yes, people used to receive these in the mail even if that is rare these days. They are known as 419 scams or advance fee fraud scams and you can find alot of information using those terms. There are also people who "scam the scammers" by frustrating them and making them waste their time on a fake victim. This is very dangerous however as most of these scams can be linked to criminal organizations and enterprises.

5. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I receive these type of emails every day. I normally just skip on by them. When I am in a bad mood and I get an email like this, I reply back with a very rude message. These emails have been out for years and I do not think that they will ever stop. There are some people that actually believe them and send them money because they feel sorry for the person. I guess most people do not know that these are very popular scams.

6. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wish I could just reply back but if you even open it let alone reply it's letting them know you're alive. I get enough as it is. I don't understand with all the technology we have that we can't stop them from ever sending.

7. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah I also think it's wise to just ignore these types of email messages. Replying might only put you in their "active list". And God only knows what kind of twisted plans they might do next. Not answering will give them the impression that the email is not active anymore. It's just sad to think that these type of (long time) scams still exist because some people still take the bait. :(

8. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I receive these scam type emails at least once a week. I don't bother reading them as I just get to the point of replying back with a simple message that they are being turned over the police here. I don't get anything back except a different letter once a week from a different person each time.

9. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get at least three or four of those e-mails a day, usually in my spam folder. I actually like to read and laugh about them, as some of them are quite hilarious. Of course, it is no laughing matter for those who have been scammed and lost their money. I read that one older Australian woman lost all her money and her house when she answered one of these mails and got entangled in a scam. Not everyone is internet savvy, and those vulnerable people are easy prey for the scammers.

10. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    Ditto. I receive these emails, or this type of emails at least 2-3 times a week. Some go into my inbox and some into my spam folder. Stuff like you are eligible for a 'Free $500 Visa gift card' or 'Make $300 a day click here' links, The most annoying thin g is deleting them because obviously the email client doesn't know what is legitimate or not. And once in awhile there are legitimate free product sample links. I believe these sites make money by you clicking on these links that direct you to other websites and finally send you to a website that asks you to buy something.

11. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I have received dozens of these kind of emails over the years. It's even funnier when they say they are from London and fail miserably at English grammar. I don't know why they think people haven't got this figured out yet, but obviously they are just fishing, hoping someone will fall for it.

12. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just learned something about these scam mails. They come from NIGERIA. People there call them the Yahoos (which they pronounce as Ya-ooze).

And those who are involved in scams like these have become rich. The guys below are some Yahoos. They love scamming people on the net.
    Yahoos.

These facts are courtesy of waitbutwhy.com