Emergency Food And Freeze Dry Food: Is It Worth Buying Now?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by NinetyEighty1 • Nov 2, 2017.

1. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I have been around of survival meals for quite a while and though we are most likely far from any apocalypse or global struggle, I wanted to ask if buying emergency meals would be effective now. A good example would be "Wise Food" storage, do any of you think it would be wise to stock up now just in case an event would happen or simply wait until later in the future when things seem to get a bit worrisome? Even if it is not for a dire situation, an emergency food kit could cost much less than spending money on meals through out a month.

2. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Freeze dry foods have longer expiration than canned goods. There is a brand of freeze dried product that can last up to 30 years.I guess they might come handy in case of emergencies like a war or a natural disaster.

3. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    Buying emergency food is effective now since we all don't know about the future. The earlier the better. Since it has crossed your mind now, it is better to start storing emergency food than to postpone for later.

Although I have never done this before and I would like to know examples of emergency food that can last. :D

4. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Well there are a good number of survival food companies out there. As I stated there is the "Wise Food" company, there is also Mountain House, Numanna and the MRE food company. I browsed by them a while ago. Also thank you for the advice, the sooner the better.

5. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    It's actually a very good idea to be prepared for anything right now especially here where a earthquake can hit as in states near here have different this tragedy. Anything can happen anywhere so it is wise to keep an extra food supply for any emergency. I have heard that canned food lasts a long time but freezer dry food last longer.

6. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If there is an impending emergency like a hurricane, I guess it is practical to buy such items so there is something to eat. However, it will be a waste if it is not eaten for a long time. Just like canned goods, you should be aware that it has to be consumed within 3 months to avoid getting expired. That’s one way of saving the food you buy – eat it on time.