Energy Vampires

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by deecee • May 19, 2012.

1. deecee

deeceeActive Member

Threads:
    Every electric item in your home that has a lighted digital clock or indicator lights is drawing power 24 hours a day. An easy way to save on electric bills is to unplug devices not in use.

2. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, definitely. My dad's really gung ho when it comes to our electric bill, so we're really careful about what's kept turned on or not.

3. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Yes, we do that now. We never used to but our electrician recommended it. Since, our electricity bill is lower. It is also much safer. I also heard that if you have a faulty appliance it can really eat electricity, so one must be sure that every item is in top working order.

4. MasterProX

MasterProXMember

Threads:
    Soon, I'm gonna go around my house and unplug all the things that have a lighted digital clock, since I always have my phone to tell me what time it is. Uh, thanks for reminding me to do this.

5. deecee

deeceeActive Member

Threads:
    With bills getting so high, every little bit helps. The only things I leave plugged in is the power bar that the computer and modem is plugged into. I should unplug that at night, too, but I'm too impatient to wait for the modem to reset.

6. artifactsofmars

artifactsofmarsMember

Threads:
    My question to you is, who has time? I have VCR's that would have to be reprogrammed every day, and the microwave and so forth. I certainly don't have time to reset these things every day.
    If you have any creative suggestions, let's hear them, because I use all this equipment each day, and sometimes I fall asleep with the light on too.