England

Discussion in Travel started by Ashlee • Sep 27, 2014.

1. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    England is the part of the United Kingdom. It shares its border with Scotland. The London is its capital. It has many attractive and fabulous cities. I have visited it three months ago with my friends. Here I want to share the names of its lovely cities. I hope you will like them.
    1. London
    2. Manchester
    3. Liverpool
    4. Bristol
    5. Birmingham
    6. Leeds-Brighton
    7. York
    8. Bath
    9. Cambridge
    10. Nottingham

2. parisebook

parisebookNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks for your sharing

3. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Your welcome parisebook! Travelling is my hobby and I love to do that. Would you like to tell me what is your hobby? Do you like travelling so what are your plans about winters? I have never visited frozen Niagara Falls and this winter season I have made a plan to explore it and walk on its frozen water. I am very curious and excited about it. Have you ever experienced it?

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    That's awesome! What are some of the things that you did? We have only been to London area: seen Windsor Gardens, Castle, Piccadilly Circus, and visited a friends home. I would like one day to go north and see some other sites like the home of William Shakespeare, or Big Ben. My mom and her girlfriend want to save for when they retire so they can make a trip to England. They have been posting lots of photos that make the entire country look awesome! I had no idea there were so many cool places to visit. I especially like the little cottage homes and inns. I would like to stay in a town like the one you can see in the film, 'The Holiday'.

5. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    H.C. Heartland! I think it is not a bad idea to save some money for a trip. I am sure your mom and her friend will be able to do so one day. London is one of my favorite places. I love to explore its Columbia road flower market again and again. It is the best place to see the fascinating flowers. Last year I got a chance to go it. It opens on every Sunday and it is not only the one market on this road but there many other shopping malls, clubs and restaurants. Have you ever visited it?:)

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing. I do want to visit London one of these days if not complete a postgraduate degree in one of its riverside universities (anywhere near the Thames will do). I'm currently searching for the best places to study. I need to earn money at some other country for the time being before I turn my attention to England or wherever in Europe.

7. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    XTinx! I wish, you visited the London very soon. It is an outstanding place, where you can see the places of all types like amusement parks, theme parks, museums, theaters, shows, clubs, monuments and all others. The all places have their own charm and beauty. Is it will be your first trip or you have been there before?

8. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Golif321! It seems like that you have great interest in London. Your post is showing your interest. I am also a huge fan of this place and it is one of my favorite places of the United Kingdom. The London Eye is really a thrilling ride and offers breathtaking views of its surroundings. Here I want to talk about the Columbia flowers street. Have you ever visited this street or not?

9. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    I visited Columbia Flowers Street during my London trip. It is a market that is located in East London. This market is open only Sunday. It is a flower market where we can buy plants, flowers, garden fittings and gardening equipment at reasonable price.

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I LOVE London, no two ways about it :))) I just love everything about it, it's so vibrant and trendy yet so unassuming. I was never really interest in the UK as a whole, but then I visited a friend in London many years ago, and fell totally, head over heels in love with London. I then stayed on for a year, then moved up North and stayed a further twelve years, which was NEVER the plan! I'm now an honorary English lady LOL

I've never been to Columbia Flowers Street, but it'd be nice to go see it. London markest never disappoint! I'd definitely say to avid travellers, go see London and Manchester....you'll love it :)

11. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    According to me these are famous places of England and who is going there should not miss a chance to explore these sites. The list of those attractions is:
    1. Victoria and Albert Museum
    2. Hyde Park
    3. Palace of Westminster
    4. St. James's Park
    5. Tower Bridge

12. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    It is lovely to see all this love for England, Particularly London where I am from, I live in Manchester at the moment another great city but I miss home, London is much more fast paced. I just wanted to say that Brick Lane in East London, not too far from Columbia Market is another great place to visit it its packed with bars and restaurants and is vibrant and buzzing with people from all over. Also Brick Lane bagel shop is a hotspot for anyone with a love of bagels and its always open. Also Greenwich park and its surrounding area are beautiful, Blackheath is also stunning.

13. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    I have never been to England, but London is the place I'd like to visit if I ever travel to UK. There are so many beautiful places to visit while in london as other people here have mentioned. Also, I know it is a great shopping destination.

14. jackob

jackobNew Member

Threads:
    Ashlee, Thanks you for sharing the names of the beautiful place with all of us, I'm in love with the place a lot and too. England is a very popular and beautiful country among the tourists. I think that just always makes me feel so great whenever i explored any of that kind of place, and also i must say that the names of the attractions which you gave shared are completely accurate.

15. Lushlala

Threads:
    I love London and would urge people to go visit Buckingham Palace and the markets there. I love the shopping experience in London, too. Madame Tussaud's wax works museum may interest some, because the wax works look very realistic and life like. If anything, it's just a little light hearted fun.

I would also second the idea of visiting Manchester. It's a bit like a smaller, laid back and friendlier version of London.

16. jackob

jackobNew Member

Threads:
    Lushlala, I agree with you, England is a great kind of country, I also really like to visit that place always because there are so many of the beautiful places and attractions in England to visit, I just always love to explore the country so much.

17. Lushlala

Threads:
    I too love England, jackob. The only thing I absolutely can't bear is the weather, especially the further up North you go, which is where I lived for many years! But I bet now that I live in a very hot country, I'll be more appreciative of the British weather when I go to visit friends and family as I don't live there anymore :)

18. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is weird to hear someone talk about the place that I live like this. I haven't even been to a lot of the places that have been listed above. I have probably only been to Birmingham, London, and South Hampton. I live in the West Midlands. I don't travel much.

19. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I am looking to travel England in a couple of years if I can get the money saved up to do it. It is such a beautiful country with a rich history. Call me American, but I would really love to see the palaces where the royal family resides. They are such a beautiful family even though there has been scandal in the past.

I want to go for 3 weeks and pack it full of fun and adventure, not to mention I can't wait to try the food and local tea.

20. jackob

jackobNew Member

Threads:
    Rosyrain, Best of luck for your tours. I'm pretty sure that you are going to enjoy yourself some much while visiting the place. England offers so much of the amazing and beautiful places to visit. So i personally really like to visit that country, I am sure that you will enjoy yourself there so much.