Entertainment During Travel

Discussion in Travel started by blurinoctober • Jan 29, 2013.

1. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    How do you like to keep yourself busy during travel? Is it worth it to purchase a tablet, are portable DVD players your thing, simple books?

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I ususally try to focus on the journey for entertainment. Looking out windows and meeting new people are part of the journey that make it special. However, I do usually carry a small paperback book with me for reading while waiting in airports or anytime nothing else is really happening. It is always nice to have a backup plan!

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I also like looking out the window and enjoying the scenery; but if it gets too boring, I keep a folder with many episodes from some of my favorite TV series to have a laugh.

4. Traveller

TravellerMember

Threads:
    I keep myself busy by watching movies and listening to songs on my tablet. Tablet is more preferable than that of portable dvd player to me

5. gabstaff

gabstaffMember

Threads:
    If I am driving, then I don't have the luxury of looking at a tablet or dvd. I like to load up my MP3 with podcasts or different genres. If I am on a plane or a passenger, then I always have my laptop with me to catch up on movies or episodes that I have downloaded.

6. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I usually enjoy the inflight entertainment on the small screen on the back of the seat in front of you on the airplane. Alternatively, I chat to whomever I am traveling with. If I am traveling on a bus...I watch the movie they play for you. On a train, I will read.

7. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I always take a bunch of things to do while I travel. I usually have a book, some sort of craft project, magazines and my smart phone. I find I only use those things a little and end up talking with the other people in the car the most. We've also found some really interesting talk radio programs that help pass the time.

8. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    I like watching movies to keep myself occupied during travel, or I'll just sleep through most of the journey there (unless there's pretty scenery). I don't like reading in cars, so I have some trouble with that, but movies are always good. :)

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I enjoy the scenery during the trip if I am not driving. I also have a book to read if I get bored looking out the window. I get motion sickness so I may not be able to read during the trip if it is too rough on the road. I also have music to listen to during the trip.

If there are interesting people available to talk to I will start a conversation with some to pass time also.

10. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    I have a book app in my smartphone for reading, but I also bring the real thing when I feel like actually leafing through real paper. A magazine or two keeps me company, too, as well as movies and music stored in my iPod for those long car trips or plane rides. I sometimes bring a journal with me to chronicle my trip and a camera to take photos and videos and playing them back to amuse myself. If I'm traveling with companions we usually are each other's entertainment as we can chat each other up during the journey and at our destination.

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I'm driving or riding in a car, I keep myself entertained with music. I love driving and singing. For other modes of transportation, I love reading a good fiction book. Most of the time, I'm read non-fiction books that involve learning something. But when I'm traveling I like to lose myself in a good mystery or science fiction novel.

12. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I rarely need entertainment while I'm traveling.

If I'm driving, I like to have music or company to talk with me.

If I'm flying, I usually have such a long day that I use that time to sleep and try to rest. If not, then I'll have a magazine or something handy to entertain me for a bit, I guess, but then I sleep or people watch anyway.

13. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    If I'm not driving, I like to look at the scenery, and what's happening around me, and talk to my fellow travellers. However, if we're travelling by ferry - which we often do - I like to have a book and newspaper, and some sudoku puzzles with me, for those times when there's no entertainment on board, or when I just want some quiet time. I'm not one for watching movies on the move, and when I'm travelling I like to take a break from the laptop, as I spend such a lot of time working on it normally.

14. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I usually bring a book during long flights as sometimes, watching in-flight movies can be annoying if there's nothing good to watch. I also bring my mp3 player so I can listen to my favorite music. I got a Galaxy tab now and I've put all the music there and have ebooks in it too. I can say it's more convenient as the tablet can have much more space and more compact than bringing a book and mp3 player separately. But make sure to always bring a charger as it can be battery draining to use it all the time.

15. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Well it would depend on the form of travel. If your traveling by car then listening to music on the radio is a good way to keep yourself entertained during the journey. On a plane trip it would depend on how long the journey will take. I have been on flight that are less then an hour. Usually I just sit there relaxing on the flight. I have a friend who was on a flight that took almost eight hours in length. The way they kept occupied was using one of the airlines wifi laptops to surf the Internet. When you think about it, this is certainly a way to occupy yourself during a long trip. Truth be told we can spend hours out on the Internet doing various things.

16. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    I always bring mp3 with me and my camera. Also, I like doing puzzles and word find so that keeps me busy. FOOD and snacks as well! heheheh

17. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I recently downloaded some TV series that I've been meaning to watch for a long time, and during long commutes or car travels on vacations, I make sure to move them to my SD card and then enjoy watching them on my phone or tablet.

18. vk kapoor

vk kapoorMember

Threads:
    I am always busy, even when I am sleeping my mind is running here and there. Overall, I am busy trying to make the world a better place, fix my table and help my friends to fix their table as well, then we go back home to the spiritual world.

19. Small girl

Small girlNew Member

Threads:
    You can also watch movies on your own laptop, iPad or other handheld device.

20. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Blurinoctober! You have selected the very important topic. I really appreciate it. You know what, there is not a single thing to do during your journey in fact there are so many. I love to listen music on I Pad, watching out of the window, talking with others, using f.b or reading any book. What is your hobby during the travel?