Epson L110 review

Discussion in Product Reviews started by lindbergh • Aug 21, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My Brother MFCJ220 no longer functions so I needed a new printer. I shopped around for a cheap printer and came across the Epson L110. It's very cheap and the ink is cost effective. It's not like those HP printers wherein you need to purchase a new ink cartridge every time your ink goes empty.

I've been using the Epson L110 for 5 months already and it seemed to be doing fine up until last night. Well, it still prints but the color magenta no longer works. I don't know what happened. Still, it prints fine except for the color.

What can I say about the Epson L110? It's a dependable printer but be on your guard for minor malfunctions. Anyways, at least, I haven't experienced any paper jam and that's definitely a plus. :)

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    The only Epson we ever owned was a multi-cartridge printer that was meant for photo shopping. It was a gift and so we tried to use it for awhile but it never seemed to work right and by the time we gave up on it we finally put it out on the curb for someone who was smarter than us at fixing things to come and pick up. We have had our HP color printer for over 5 years now and it has never given us a problem even though we travel with it in dusty climates. It has many options that we have still never even used, but the ones that we need it for have always functioned correctly. You can hook it up to your PC, use SD cards and print directly off them, or scan/fax documents to others. I don't know if we'll ever try another printer again unless its given to us as a gift.

3. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I have never tried an Epson printer, but it sounds like they can be glitchy. I am using a laser printer by Brother, and it works great. I've had it for over a year now, and no problems. It really saves me money on ink since one cartridge lasts a very long time. It is by far the best printer I have ever owned.

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My MFC J220 Brother printer with scanner was an ink jet printer and it was converted into a continuous ink system in order for it to become more cost effective. I printed a lot of papers with the Brother printer. It didn't last for a year though. I brought it to a repair shop and they said they the print head was damaged. I would have to spend a lot in order to fix it. That's why I shifted to Epson.