Equipment at home?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Strykstar • Jun 4, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    What exercising equipment have you got at home?
    I just have a couple of dumbbells, nothing too fancy, just something that I can use to squeeze a quick exercise sometimes.
    I've considered buying a stationary bicycle or a treadmill but I figure it's best to simply go outside for a ride or a walk.

2. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I used to live up north where we had ice and snow for more than half of the year. Cycling, which is my goto sport, was not an option most of the year. Skiing was also not viable as the hills were small and the temperatures often too low to make the skiing enjoyable. As a result of this, I invested in a home gym. It was a great investment at the time. Now that I live in an almost snow free city, however, it sits idle most of the time as I prefer outdoor exercise. I have dumbbells which get used on a regular basis but the gym sits as a reminder of a past life and I have been debating getting rid of it as it takes up a fair amount of space.

If you like a certain activity, spend the money on something to facilitate that activity. I used the gym because it was the only option where I was but it was never something that I truly enjoyed. I would far rather buy rain gear for cycling to extend my riding or new ski equipment as these are the activities that I do.

3. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    I put a removable pull up bar on one of the doors. I can say that it has honestly helped a lot. I would do as many as I could whenever I walked beneath it, it wasn't a lot (still isn't) but I've improved just by doing that, and it almost feels like nothing just because it's less than a minute at a time. I also have some dumbbells, but those are lighter ones I haven't used in a while. Finally, I also got a jump rope for cardio, but I have yet to use it.

4. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have many exercise tools at home. I prefer to go to the gym to work on machines. When I can't, I tend to just go outside and run or do some sort of plyometric exercise. I'd rather invest my money into gym membership fees than buy work out stuff at home.

5. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sadly enough I have no sporting equipment at home, at least equipment I can work-out at home with. I used to have some weights, but I had to get rid of them when my kids were born and grew up because I live in a really small space. Either cases, we can work-out without equipment, for example, I can be lifting my kids, they are awesome weights if you ask me. :)

6. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I imagine that having kids limits the kind of things you can keep in the house, as some things are quite dangerous.
    For people without kids or weights, I'll just recommend that water bottles of different sizes also make great replacements for dumbbells, there are plenty of ways to exercise without equipment, the only equipment you need is motivation :)

7. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have, but I have a TRX set-up in my home, where I of course do my suspension training. I think it's already enough for me, so I don't feel it necessary to spend out for other equipment. TRX already takes my space and my time I have for working out, so there's just no reason for me to feed myself, my time, and my space another stuff for my workout.