Equipments to build calves

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by brian101 • Mar 1, 2014.

1. brian101

brian101New Member

Threads:
    As some of you may know calves are pretty difficult to build and I'm having trouble building them myself. I've been trying to build them for a while and I've seen improvements but nothing amazing so I want to improve my results as much as I can. Does anyone know any home equipment that specialize or can be used to build your calves?

2. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I think the best exercise doesn't require anything special. Get something heavy(ish) like dumbbells or a bar with weight. Stand with your feet flat then use your calves to raise up to your toes. Repeat. A heavier weight will have a greater effect.

Stairs (real ones rather than a step machine) should work as well as long as you are focused on using your calves to raise you up rather than relying on the quads.

3. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Calf raises. Very good exercise for building calves, bike riding is another good exercise to consider.

4. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    I was just about to say Calf raises as well. I don't even know of any machine that actually works your calfs in any special way personally.