Eset Anti-virus

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Peninha • Jan 30, 2015.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am having virus issue in my computer, at least I think it's a virus because my USB mouse was freezing all the time and with the regular entry mouse I don't have such issues. Either cases, I was recommended to run ESET anti-virus, anyone with experience with it?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You think you have a virus because your USB mouse doesn't work properly? That could just as easily be a mouse that's broken or a USB port that doesn't function properly. Who recommended ESET anti-virus? It'll get the job done if a virus is the problem, but I highly doubt that's the case if your only symptom is a freezing USB mouse.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    ESET is what Harvard uses and is very secure as it will block everything. It sounds like the mouse is the issue as they aren't built to last long and I hate them to be honest, so it may not be a virus issue. Sounds more like a connection one to me.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It could be a virus. A mouse hi-jacker.

I've heard of it from time to time. Sometimes the virus also hijacks keyboards. Nonetheless you can always find out if it's your mouse that has issues. Ask your neighbor for a mouse, test it and if it works well then you'll know the problem is your house. If the problem persists or even if it doesn't I don't see if there's anything wrong with installing anti-virus software.

5. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    You might want to also check out a program called Malwarebytes. Believe it or not most virus softwares don't take care of Maleware, and this can also cause function issues with our PC's. Yes, there is a free trial with Malwarebytes but after that there will be a monthly fee. However, the nice thing is from what I have heard they don't ask for your payment information before you buy, so its entirely up to you if you want to continue and pay a monthly fee.

6. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Eset is a good antivirus. This is what i'm currently using. I like it, it does scour my entire system for malicious threats and removes them. I usually do a full system scan at least once or twice a month to make sure my computer is running smoothly at all times.

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never heard of eset. I use malware bytes and avast, and I use the free version of both. These are the programs that I think work for me. I think the combination of the two of them are good. I have used Avira anti virus but the virus program tends to take forever to run and I just don't have time to run it forever.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also think that it's just a connection issue, because if you really had been infected by a virus then it would do a whole lot more than make your mouse connection malfunction.

9. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I don't believe you should just determine that it's a virus just off the bat without having the hardware checked out. However, whether it's a virus problem or not wise to have a reputable anti-virus software installed on your computer. From what I have gathered ESET seems to be a renowned anti-virus programme. I recommend that you should do your check of its capabilities because sometimes there may be problems that some anti-virus programs may not address.