Essential Oils Great for Massages

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by SpringBreeze • Nov 12, 2012.

1. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    Hey everyone! Now that I'm thinking of essential oils and natural oils, I'm wondering what essential oils would be great for massages. I know essential oils like Tea Tree oil are great for the skin but they have a medicinal smell. And I don't think medicinal smells go great with massages. Do any of you have an essential oil you like very much or a blend of oils that smells great and is relaxing? I'd also appreciate any bit of info you know on pleasant-smelling essential oils. Thanks in advance!

2. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Anything that smells good really, haha! Lavender and chamomile are great relaxing scents. Or, if you want it to be an invigorating massage, maybe peppermint or something citrusy like orange.

3. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    How about patchouli and vetiver.. my favorites. Just a drop or two in coconut oil or olive oil and massage your body. I love coconut oil as it always leaves my body soft and silky..

4. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    Chamomile is my favorite. It smells good plus it's very relaxing. :) You can also try virgin coconut oil. Instant soft body and very moisturizing. :)

5. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Extra virgin coconut oil is awesome, not just because it really smooths and moisturizes, but it has that yummy coconut smell as well. Filtered coconut oil is just as good for your skin, I think, but it doesn't have the same scent.

6. Nathan

NathanBanned

Threads:
    Hi friends i am here i just want to say you that i have a lot of different important sebum I want to use up and want to make a mix with sesame oil as a service provider. It is a heating oil according to ayurveda and excellent for individuals with excellent vata and the winter year season time.......

#6Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  7. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have some questions: Coconut oil sounds good. How greasy is it though? Would you need to use an old sheet to avoid ruining good linens when using it for a massage or is it mostly absorbed by the skin? Can it be gently warmed? Which essential oils should be avoided when looking for something to use on skin?

8. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads: