Essential Oils that Are Great for the Skin

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by SpringBreeze • Nov 12, 2012.

1. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I know tea tree oil is great for acne, itchiness, dandruff and other skin problems. I also know Jasmine oil helps in muscle toning and works as an antiseptic. But that's got me wondering about other essential oils. Are there any others that are great for your skin? If you know of any I'd love to hear of it, what they are good for, and your experiences with them. Thanks in advance!

2. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    Olive oil is also good for your skin and nails too. It's also good for your body and helping blood pressure too.

are some more benefits of olive oil.

3. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    According to an article in prevention magazine massaging your skin daily with Tamanu oil helps diminish stretch marks by enhancing the formation of new collagen. African shea nut and virgin coconut oil can also be used in lieu of Tamanu oil.

4. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I have to second olive oil. It is really awesome; I use it for my skin, my lips, my nails, etc. I've even used it as a cleanser, though you will have to use it for a bit before getting used to the feeling of using oil to wash your face. It's honestly amazing, even if you have oily skin - it will help your body normalize itself.

Thanks for the tip on tea tree oil for itchiness and dandruff. I am not a big fan of using very strong shampoos. As the cold weather approaches, I always find myself with drier, more irritable skin - which may include itchiness and dandruff. I like all natural approaches, so I'll give this a try!

5. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    I've heard Argan Oil works wonders on skin. Moisturizes and prevents dry skin plus it also fades marks or scars. Haven't tried it out yet but it looks promising. :)

6. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I often use ylang ylang and carrot seed oil to combat my dry skin. My skin feels much moire plump and moisturized with these. I add a few drops to coconut oil and massage my face and body with it. I should confess that I haven't done this for sometime now. I have no time for body massages now... maybe I should do it more often this winter.

7. Alma

AlmaNew Member

Threads:
    I enjoy using natural products for my body, skin and hair. I too make use of olive oil. Sometimes I use it as a bath oil.
    It leaves the skin soft and smooth.

8. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! I am learning too much from you guys. What I just know is that virgin coconut oil is good for dry hair as well as dry skin so basically that is all that I could help. The juice of aloe vera could also be good. Other than that, I don't know other more.

9. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    Vitamin e, cocoa butter, jojoba, and almond oil are all great for your skin. I personally like Palmer's cocoa butter oil and use it everyday after showering. Lavender is a great all purpose skin tonic. It's great for burns, bites and muscle aches and pains, among other things.

10. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Cocoa butter is really good for skin. I get dry skin in places and this stuff really helps and it smells great too.:)

11. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I love cocoa butter. I use it on my lips and it's been great so far. The cold weather is coming in, so I hope that it continues making my lips (and the skin around it!) perfect. I also use it on dry skin. I use Palmer's cocoa butter; they have a "swivel stick" which looks sort of like a glue stick. People are surprised at first, but I make it clear that it's cocoa butter. Plus, like marvelz said, it smells SO good! Way better than something like Vaseline.

12. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Rosemary is great for your skin and also for your hair. So is coconut oil.

13. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I love using Tea Tree oil to treat my pimples. Just put it on and the redness goes away within an hour. It has saved me so many times when I wake up with unexpected blemishes. Love it and it lasts a long time.

14. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Those are all good ideas and I know that they works. I buy all kinds of oils for my skin and it does work. I don't have the cocoa butter lip balm yet but I will be getting that for myself. I love all the natural products that you can use for the body. We do have to think of all the products that was used long ago in order for us to be healthy and look our best because the new products don't seem to work as well or at all.

15. jose

joseMember

Threads:
    Olive oil is best for skin.

16. naturalskincarer

naturalskincarerNew Member

Threads:
    Yes i now the apricot kernel oil this is good for glow skin,smooth.
    Here is a simple apricot kernel oil for skin serum recipe:
    2 tablespoons apricot kernel oil

3 to 5 few drops of any of the following; carrot oil, argan oil, macadamia, evening primrose, avocado or olive oil.

Blend these oils together and apply the serum to your skin as a moisturizing treatment under moisturizer or on its own.

17. Nathan

NathanBanned

Threads:
    Actually there are many companies are making different type of oils which are all the best and have the good protection for your skin and other disease also but the organic oil world's Olive oil is also good for your skin and nails too. It's also good for your body and helping blood pressure too..........

#17Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  18. sharjeel

sharjeelBanned

Threads:
    General, the impacts of key oils may be separated into two fundamental gatherings. Some fundamental oils have genuine physical impacts. For instance, eucalyptus oil could be sniffed to assist clear sinuses and the respiratory tract. This would clearly alleviate a few manifestations of an upper respiratory tainting (Uri). A few oils may be utilized topically (straightforwardly on the skin, where they would more often than not be osmosed by the form, or on a wound) to conceivably alleviate swelling or battle certain contaminations.

19. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    Some essential oils which are good for your skin are castor oil (if your skin is very dry, you should limit your use of this to a very small amount), and another oil is sunflower seed oil, this oil helps to moisturize the skin without clogging the pores too much. You can use olive oil and coconut oil; but you have to limit the amount when using on face, and for the rest of the body these are oils are great moisturizers.

20. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    Essential oils I have used for skin care are so far: Rose, helicrysm, lavender, patchouli, chamomile, carrot, frankincense, sandalwood, cistus (it's rockrose), geranium, hyssop, bergamot, and myrrh. Ylang has also been in blends as well. Be aware that some oils are photo sensitive, and will cause a reaction in the sun. Mostly these are citrus oils, but I have also had a reaction with carrot.