Essential Oils, Worth The Price?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Molly • Jan 29, 2016.

1. Molly

MollyNew Member

Threads:
    I love the idea of using oils to combat illness, clean my house, and heal various ailments. It's kind of scary to think about all the chemicals in the products that we use. Wouldn't it be nice to eliminate any or all of them by using essential oils?? However, these oils don't come cheap. Do you think that doTERRA and other similar brands are worth the money?

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really don't know anything about essential oils. Just from the sound of it, it sounds like it might be expensive. I will do a web search and see what I find out. I really haven't heard of them in terms of house cleaning or anything like that. I mean people have used lemon oil for years to clean though, and I don't think that is expensive. You don't necessarily have to buy a namebrand item. ALso, greenworks, is a good substitute for traditional cleaning products and not that expensive.

3. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I love essential oils. My friend and I use them for everything. They are good for cleaning, they are good for massages, for diffusers, for really everything if you know how to use them. They can be expensive, but there are some for cheap. Thing is when you use them you don't use like a whole bottle you use x amounts of drops. You can also make your own which is great if you get the items and already grow herbs. The brand I use is Aura Cacia. The smaller bottles are cheaper, and it has lasted me quite a while. Like I said I made lotion, sprays, and use it in a diffuser as well.

4. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    Do you have a site or a book that you'd recommend that guides how to effectively use the oils and what scents do what? I have a few oils that I received as a gift, and a diffuser, but I never know what is best to use or how to really use them.

5. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I've never used them either but have always heard a lot about them. How do you use them for cleaning? I heard that lavender is good for helping you fall asleep. What else and how do you use them?

6. Molly

MollyNew Member

Threads:
    @ReadWriteLearnLove@ReadWriteLearnLove I have heard good things about doTerra. They are also probably the most expensive.

@KimmyMarkks@KimmyMarkks I've mixed lemon oil in vinegar to create a surface cleaner. It works well! I also use peppermint oil for abdominal pain and muscle aches. I am pretty new to using oils. That's why I'm looking into cheaper options before I totally invest in them!

#6Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2016
  7. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I have not used Terra but essential oils in general don't come cheap. I feel however that they are indispensable and have a myriad uses like soothing aches, unblocking nasal passages and in bathing. They are also used in aromatherapy due to their fragrance. You can cut costs by making some at home using vegetable oils and infusing with fragrant leaves like eucalyptus by heating.